Basketball was first part of the Asian Games in 1951, and has been on the program ever since. There has been a women's tournament since 1974.
- The Asian Games basketball tournament were the de facto Asian championships until the Asian Basketball Confederation Championship was founded in 1960.
- In 2018, for the first time a 3x3 basketball tournament was also held at the Asian Games.
- See also 3-on-3 basketball at the Asian Games
- Basketball at the Olympics
- Basketball at the Commonwealth Games
- About the sports of the Asian Games
- More about the Asian Games
- About the Sport of Basketball
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.