It is important to conduct skill testing (in addition to fitness testing) to determine the skill level of your athletes. The results of skill testing can be used to plan appropriate skill drills to be incorporated into training sessions, and possibly create individualized training for those lacking certain skills.
There are some standard skills tests, usually specific to the sport, and also many other tests that coaches around the world have created or modified from other tests.
- Soccer (Football) Skill Testing
- Australian Football Skill Testing
Some Other Skill Tests
- AAHPERD Basketball skills tests.
- SAI Basketball tests
- Hockey Target shooting test.
- Harbans Singh Goal Shooting Hockey test
- Brady's volleyball skills test.
- Johnson Basketball ability test
- Brady test (Volleyball test)
- More about Sports Coaching
- Fitness Testing