100m Swim Time Trial
- purpose: to measure an athlete’s ability to sprint during the swim leg in triathlon
- equipment required: standard 50 meter swimming pool (preferred), stopwatch
- procedure: The aim of this test is to swim 100 meters (2 laps of 50m pool) in the fastest time possible. Any swim stroke and turn may be used. Swimmers begin the test in the water at one end, from a stationary start. On the command ‘ready, start’, the clock starts and you will begin swimming at your own pace. Stop the stopwatch when the subject’s hand touches the wall at the end of the 100m. If you need to test many swimmers at once, you can have a maximum of three swimmers per lane, and ideally space then out 15 seconds apart at the start.
- scoring: The total time to complete the 100m distance is recorded, to the nearest second.
- about the eTID Talent Identification Testing Program.
- eTID Fitness Testing for Triathlon
- Fitness testing for swimming