Tests of anthropometry include measurements of body size, structure, and composition. It is important to be aware of the effects of changes to these factors, and to be able to measure them. For most sports body size is an important factor in success, whether it is advantageous to be short, tall, heavy or light. The body composition, such as the amount of body fat and muscle mass, can also significantly affect sporting performance. We also have discussed anthropometric measurements and tests for a range of sports.
- Body Composition - the full list of body composition tests, including skinfolds and a range of body fat analyzers and calculations
- Body Size & Structure
- A discussion about Body Size Testing
- A discussion about Body Composition Testing
- ISAK accreditation
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests
- Anthropometry at the Olympic Games
- Poll about methods for measuring body composition?
- Methods for measuring muscle mass
- records for the extremes of height and weight.
- Body Composition and Fitness