a step, stable rock or bench
- Start by standing with your feet approximately shoulder-width apart, a little in front of a step. Your arms can be down by your sides or on your hips.
- Keep your back straight and step up with your left leg.
- With a steady and controlled motion slowly pull yourself up onto the bench using only your left leg.
- Step down off the step with your right foot first and then the left foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this action, alternating the leading leg each time.
- Repeat for a total of 10 to 20 times per leg
Key points to remember
- Warm up before any exercise program. At the beach, a run and some stretches is a good way to start.
- Keep your body as straight as possible to minimize stress on the lower back and legs.
- If it is sunny, don't forget to cover yourself up with a hat or some sunscreen. If it is hot, be sure to drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
share this page:
- You can increase the intensity of this exercise by holding buckets or jugs, and filling them up with sand to make some dumbbells.
- You can also modify the intensity by increasing your pace and changing the step height.
comments powered by