Strength and Fitness
What is Strength?
Sports Definition: the ability to carry out work against a resistance.
Strength is the maximal force you can apply against a load. Training to improve muscle strength includes lifting weights or otherwise increasing the resistance against which you work.
Who Needs Strength?
Strength is one of the main fitness components, important for success in many sports. Certain sports, such as weight lifting, wrestling and weight throwing, it is the most important physical attribute. In many other sports, including team sports like rugby, good strength is also very important as part of the overall fitness profile. A vote of the top sports requiring strength has the obvious sport of weightlifting ranked highest. See also another list ranking sports in which strength is important.
Strength and Fitness Information
- Resistance Training Programs — information about weight programs you can do.
- Improving Strength — some guidelines for setting up a strength training program.
- Adding Strength Training To Your Daily Routine — 10 tips.
- To Cycle or not to Cycle ... that is the question! — should you cycle your exercise program?
- Simple truth about resistance training — don't waste time at the gym.
- Fitness Testing for strength and power
- Resistance training exercises — guide to good technique.
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store