There have been many great cricketers over the 100 plus years of Test cricket history, and determining the greatest ever is never an easy challenge. The discussion below is only about Test cricket players, as other forms of the game have only recently become popular and it would not be fair to compare cricketers of the past with player results from one day and T20 cricket matches.
We ran two polls, where you could vote for the greatest batsman and greatest bowler of all time. The winners were Sachin Tendulkar and Wasim Akram. Are one of these the greatest athlete ever (all sports)? Of course, the game of cricket is not made up of just batters and bowlers, the fielders and more importantly the wicketkeeper play very important roles in the team too. See our discussion about who is the greatest ever fielder.
An Economists View
In 2011, a list of the top Test batsmen who ever lived was compiled by Griffith University's Dr Nicholas Rohde. Using data up until December 2011, the top of the list was Sachin Tendulkar, only just above Donald Bradman. See more.
Wisden's Greatest Ever Player
In the early 2000s, Wisden released a list of the all-time top 100 greatest Test players, using a unique rating system. The highest-ranked batsman was Donald Bradman, a clear leader above Sachin Tendulkar. In the bowling stakes, Muttiah Muralitharan was ranked highest ahead of Richard Hadlee. This is just an example, there are many other top lists of cricketers.
Highest Test Run Scorers
The aim of a batter in cricket is to make as many runs as possible, so what better way to rank the best batters than by listing the total runs scored. The greatest cricket batsman (vote) may come from this list, though there are other considerations such as the number of matches played (and batting average) and the conditions played under and the quality of the opposition. The highest test run scorer ever is the Indian Sachin Tendulkar, though the other commonly nominated greatest batsman, Don Bradman, is not even in the top 10! The Don was ranked 39th as did not play anywhere near as many Test matches are these players.
The table below ranking the top run scorers in cricket was created in October 2021.
|1||Sachin Tendulkar (India)||1989-2013||200||329||15,921||53.78||51||68|
|2||Ricky Ponting (Aus)||1995-2012||168||287||13,378||51.85||41||62|
|3||Jacques Kallis (Sth Africa)||1995-2013||166||280||13,289||55.37||45||55|
|4||Rahul Dravid (India)||1996-2012||164||286||13,288||52.31||36||63|
|5||Alastair Cook (England)||2006-2018||161||291||12,472||45.35||33||57|
|6||Kumar Sangakkara (SL)||2000-2015||134||233||12,400||57.40||38||52|
|7||Brian Lara (WI)||1990-2006||131||232||11,953||52.88||34||48|
|8||S Chanderpaul (WI)||1994-2015||164||280||11,867||51.37||30||66|
|9||Mahela Jayawardene (SL)||1997-2014||149||252||11,814||49.84||34||50|
|10||Alan Border (Aus)||1978-1994||156||265||11,174||50.56||27||63|
Greatest Test Averages
As the list above of top Test run scorers did not include what many consider to be the greatest batsman ever, here is a list that does have him on top. Below are the top test batting averages for players who have batted for 20 or more innings in Test matches (data from Oct 2021). Now the highest run scorer Sachin Tendulkar does not make the list, with an average of 53.78.
|1||DG Bradman (AUS)||1928-1948||52||99.94||6996||80||10||334||29||13||7|
|2||AC Voges (AUS)||2015-2016||20||61.87||1485||31||7||269*||5||4||2|
|3||SPD Smith (AUS)||2010+||77||61.80||7540||139||17||239||27||31||5|
|4||RG Pollock (SA)||1963-1970||23||60.97||2256||41||4||274||7||11||1|
|5||GA Headley (WI)||1930-1954||22||60.83||2190||40||4||270*||10||5||2|
|6||M Labuschagne (AUS)||2018+||18||60.80||1885||31||0||215||5||10||1|
|7||H Sutcliffe (ENG)||1924-1935||54||60.73||4555||84||9||194||16||23||2|
|8||E Paynter (ENG)||1931-1939||20||59.23||1540||31||5||243||4||7||3|
|9||KF Barrington (ENG)||1955-1968||82||58.67||6806||131||15||256||20||35||5|
|10||ED Weekes (WI)||1948-1958||48||58.61||4455||81||5||207||15||19||6|
|11||WR Hammond (ENG)||1927-1947||85||58.45||7249||140||16||336*||22||24||4|
|12||GS Sobers (WI)||1954-1974||93||57.78||8032||160||21||365*||26||30||12|
|13||KC Sangakkara (SL)||2000-2015||134||57.40||12400||233||17||319||38||52||11|
|14||JB Hobbs (ENG)||1908-1930||61||56.94||5410||102||7||211||15||28||4|
|15||CL Walcott (WI)||1948-1960||44||56.68||3798||74||7||220||15||14||1|
|16||L Hutton (ENG)||1937-1955||79||56.67||6971||138||15||364||19||33||5|
|17||JH Kallis (ICC/SA)||1995-2013||166||55.37||13289||280||40||224||45||58||16|
|18||GE Tyldesley (ENG)||1921-1929||14||55.00||990||20||2||122||3||6||2|
|19||CA Davis (WI)||1968-1973||15||54.20||1301||29||5||183||4||4||1|
|20||VG Kambli (INDIA)||1993-1995||17||54.20||1084||21||1||227||4||3||3|
Highest Wicket Takers
The goal of a cricket bowler is to take as many wickets as possible with minimal runs taken, so what better way to rank the best test bowlers than by listing the total number of wickets taken. The greatest ever cricket bowler (vote) will probably come from this list, though there are other considerations such as the number of matches played and the conditions played under and the quality of the opposition.
The table below was created in Oct 2021, and none of this list are currently playing. Based purely on wickets taken, Muralitharan is the greatest, though he has had the advantage over Warne of playing more often on spin-friendly wickets.
|1||M Muralitharan (SL)||1992-2010||133||230||18180||800||9/51||22.72||2.47||55.0|
|2||Shane Warne (Aus)||1992-2007||145||273||17995||708||8/71||25.41||2.65||57.4|
|3||JM Anderson (Eng)||2003-2021||166||309||16827||632||7/42||26.62||2.82||56.6|
|4||Anil Kumble (India)||1990-2008||132||236||18355||619||10/74||29.65||2.69||65.9|
|5||Glenn McGrath (Aus)||1993-2007||124||243||12186||563||8/24||21.64||2.49||51.9|
|6||SCJ Broad (Eng)||2007-2021||149||274||14590||524||8/15||27.84||2.93||56.9|
|7||Courtney Walsh (WI)||1984-2001||132||242||12688||519||7/37||24.44||2.53||57.8|
|8||DW Steyn (SA)||2004-2019||93||171||10077||439||7/51||22.95||3.24||42.3|
|9||Kapil Dev (India)||1978-1994||131||227||12867||434||9/83||29.64||2.78||63.9|
|10||HMRKB Herath (SL)||1999-2018||93||170||12157||433||9/127||28.07||2.80||60.0|
- Vote for the greatest batsman and greatest bowler of all time.
- Discussion about who is the greatest ever fielder
- Profiles of the legends of cricket
- Other lists: Wisden and Rohde
- More about cricket
- All time greatest index of sports
Commenting is closed on this page, though you can read some previous comments below which may answer some of your questions.
comment from Hemanth Kumar Achilles (July 2012)
comment from Dan Maloney (Jan 2012)
Here are some hard truths that Tendulkar worshippers will have to stomach. These are historical facts, and can be researched with ease.
So furious were the Australians at this dirty and unsportsmanlike conduct, and so arrogant were the English that they were inflamed at being called cheats, that the two nations were thinking of possible political retribution, in terms of trade embargoes, and even worse, military action.
- I think Sir Don Bradman is the greatest cricketer of all time because he has an average of 99.94 in Test which I think not possible to achieve for any cricketer in history mostly players plays with an average of 60-65 in Test. (from Arpit Gupta, May 2021)
- Lee griffith (2013)
KING KALLIS is definitely the best cricketer of all time..he has broken records no cricketer has ever done.he has scored over 13 000 runs and taken over 300 wickets.. and he has hand of steel... greatest slip fielder ever to walk on this planet. cricket is about fielding, bowling and batting.. kallis is a master at all of those.. he has broken records with the all in hands and the bat in hand.and has probably taken more catches than anyone.. i respect kallis and he is my hero.. Sachin tendulkar is definitely the best batsman to walk on this planet.. dale steyn is definitely the best bowler ever..
- Dale Eteyn isnt the best bowler ever its Murali look at his stats compared to Dales. Adam Lee griffith (2013)
- Oh Adams adam (2015)
Murali was not a bowler. he was a thrower. his record doesn't count or matter.
- Sachintha Ransara Oh Adams (2015)
If it is illegal then why they allow him to bowl even aftr da examination..and why he was chosen as da austrailian bowling coacher..and also why dd aftr so many year the umpire who called murali for chucking said dat he did it becoz he was ordered to do it..ur just jealous?
- Oh Adams Sachintha Ransara (2015)
The way everybody is getting banned from bowling now. Murali would have never survived the current laws. the current laws are itself a proof he was a chucker. It wasn't until he started chucking in 1994 that he started getting wickets at an alarming rate.
- Sporteology Oh Adams (2017)
don't humiliate Game's Legend like this :/
- Tharanga Oh Adams (2016)
You idiot, then how did he continue bowling? Why did ICC allow him to bowl? U better do not talk abt cricket ha haa
- Oh Adams Tharanga (2016)
ur name tells me ur a Srilankan whose pride is clouding his mind and not allowing him to think clearly. Why ICC allowed him to play???? It all about money and board power. Do you think Sri lanka would give up their "star"??? he would have never survived today's bowling action restrictions. he threw all his career and got away with it. He was disgrace.
- Geoffmd Oh Adams (2016)
Wouldnt "throwing" the ball make it more difficult to spin? therefore he would have been at a disadvantage? its not like he was an 80mph spinner LOL
- Oh Adams Geoffmd (2016)
Hey i just said he can throw the ball better than anybody and looking at his action thats a compliment.
- Guest Lee griffith (2013)
Agree. However is hard to decide best bowler and best batsman.
- Prem Shankar Ex- Indian Navy Lee griffith (2013)
Kallis has so far remain the best all rounder with 300* wickets and over 10000+ test runs no can ever match in a millennium.
- Janesh Nundlall Prem Shankar Ex- Indian Navy (2014)
...and yet he cant play and perform for a team and cannot play under pressure.
- Tharanga Lee griffith (2016)
Hey man whats wrong with u.You know nothing abt Muttiah,Dale steyn is just a normal fast bowler.
- Oh Adams adam (2015)
- Janesh Nundlall Lee griffith (2014)
Kallis is not a good team player and cannot perform at all under pressure, he is not a match changer and he certainly does not have crowds going crazy anywhere. I just can't find any area other than statically seeing him being good at anything, he is in fact the most boring cricketer in his position.
- Mohd Faizan (2013)
Shahid Afridi is most popular player in the world every young boys and girls like to him because he is very handsome and dangerous player also. I like him very much do like him. If you like please comment on Shahid khan afridi
- Bashir Mohd Faizan (2013)
Most popular only to people who have no skills ie Pakistan
- Shaikh ramees Mohd Faizan (2013)
east or west sachin is the best
- Avishek Goswami Mohd Faizan (2016)
Ha ha dangerous.... Maybe 12 yrs ago....to bad for you lofting the ball in air for someone to catch it not cricket. Speaking of his looks cricket ain't a beauty contest
- Souryajit (2013)
GOD and KING OF CRICKET IS SACHIN TENDULKAR
- Andrew Souryajit (2017)
No. Bradman, and by a mile.
- Arif (2013)
I think Shakib Al Hasan was the top cricketer from 2009-12...and hopefully there are more years to come..
- Rajan Arora (2013)
these players are the wall of his own countrys
- Yasin Rakib (2013)
Best 11 players in the world.
- 1.SR Tendulkar
2.Sir Don Bradman
5.Sir Vivian Richards
- 4 extra player
- 1.Shane Warne
- Wes Yasin Rakib (2013)
Extra player: Kallis... are you kidding. With that statement you have 0 credibility. Best all rounder of all time and he only made your bench.
- Avishek Goswami wes (2016)
Kallis is legend boy!!! Stop watching cricket ( friendly advise).
- Gaurav wes (2014)
Shahid afiridi in team and kallis on bench? Seriously?? Are you drunk or you taking drugs man?
- Sidhu Yasin Rakib (2015)
Top eleven players
6.ab de Villiers.
7.sakib Al hasan.
I strongly challenged anyone that this team is more than best and can beat any team at any time.
- Shashank K sidhu (2016)
This is not a team. How can you exclude Sachin Tendulkar? Proves your knowledge about cricket
- Uzair Shashank K (2016)
we dont need a century but we desdire a win so we drop sachin
- Oh Adams sidhu (2015)
sakib in the team??? are you joking. Any Bangladeshi player doesn't even hold up to a club cricketer from India, Australia or Pakistan.
- Oh Adams Guest (2015)
No its not. Sakib doesn't make any international team at any level. Sorry.
- A.z Oh Adams (2015)
oh just because you say so it has to be taken at face value. this type of arrogance is only to be expected from people who know absolutely nothing about cricket or anything else for that matter.
- Oh Adams a.z (2016)
You most certainly are a Bangali. The most optimistic people on this earth!
- Sai Kumar Rao (2014)
In reply to sachin vs bradman ,Hey india is not australia , everyone knew india is a poor country and climatic conditions in india are very hot compared to all cricket playing nations then physicality of indians much smaller to england , australia and west indies and sachin did not enjoy luxury of great players around him if u consider this things sachin will be greater than bradman , One person saying sachin uses heavy bats thats the reason of his greatness but remember many cricketers said that playing with heavy bats is very difficult u cant play lofted shots cant play freely and run easily , please remember
- Michael Bevan Sai Kumar Rao (2014)
Australia is just as hot mate December in Britain is winter Australian has its summer can get up to the 40s. There's no way you could compare the two would bradman have played well against reverse swing? Wasn't around in his day and would sachin of played well with the old bat no sweet spot no technology in the bat rock hard pressed and bradman had to endure bodyline still had a 50 plus average and a unbeaten 106 off 140 balls could you say the same for sachin? Would bradman of been brilliant in this era or just good would sachin of been brilliant in them days or just good?
- Matthew Sai Kumar Rao (2014)
dude, do you even play cricket?? Physicality has very little to do with anything and climatic conditions? really? Australia? Pakistan? There may be a reason as to why most of those countries are deserts...
- Dhivya (2013)
MS Dhoni is a best captain in the world. I LOVE DHONI
- Vigneh (2013)
PUT YOUR VOTE. SARTCHIN TENTULKAR OR MUTTAIH MURALITHARAN?
- Rishabh ranjan (2014)
India had the best batting line up in 2000,both in one days n test even better than aus,the reigning world champions than,test-sachin,sehwag,gambhir,dravid,laxman,ganguly,dhoni,yuvi
But only thing we lacked were genuine fast bowlers,otherwise no team had the power in the world to beat us
- Atikur Imon (2013)
Wasim Akram the all time great bowler
- Adam Atikur Imon (2013)
no hes not look at muralis stats compare to wasims.i would say he is the best swing bowler of all time he can swing bLL Both ways with accuracy
- Pradyumn (2013)
If i am asked to comprise a dream team of test cricket across all ages, it would be 1. Hayden,2. Gary sobbers,3. Bradman,4. Sachin,5. Viv richard,6. Kallis,7. Adam gilchrist w.keeper),8. Murali, 9. ( cap) Ian botham, 10. Mcgrath, 11. Malcom Marshall, 12th man- wasim akram.
- Govardhane deelip b (2013)
bradman, tendulkar , gavaskar, richards, soberce,all five batsman are gretest batsman in the world of cricket.
- Prabhat Devkota (2013)
The actual list of top 5 test batsmen:
1. Sir Donald George Bradman
2. Sir Garfield Sobers
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Brian Lara
5. Sir Vivian Richards
- The actual list of top 5 test bowlers:
1. Muttiah Muralidharan
2. Shane Warne
3. Glenn Mcgrath
4. Wasim Akram
5. Denis Lillee
- Janesh Nundlall Prabhat Devkota (2014)
Muttiah is second to Shane Warne, Shane doesnt play all his cricket on spin friendly grounds unlike Muttiah. stats are'nt the best indication of who's the greatest.
- Sulehria Sadia (2014)
Dale steyn (steyn gun) is the best bowler ever...... coz' he is best bowler for almost last 6 years! whch is unbeatable record! ur favourite player can b on top for monts, for year, for 2 years but not for 6 years! so respect steyn gun he will inshallah break the record of most wickets as well! GoOd lUcK for thad dale!
- Cricket Rana Sulehria Sadia (2016)
Pakistani Greats: Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Javed Miandad, Abdul Qadir, Inzamamul Haq, Muhammed Yousuf, Saeed Anwar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq, Zaheer Abbas, Fazal Mahmood, Hanif Muhammed, Saeed Ajmal, Majid Kahan, Sarfraz Nawaz, many more
- Polly (2013)
Totally ridiculous list. Any serious follower of cricket will let you know that Sir Garfield Sobers was the greatest and most talented cricketer of all time. No player has ever got close.
- Eswar (2013)
no sehwag no cricket......
- Haseeb Khan (2014)
1- Adam Gilchrist
2- Saeed Anwar
3- Ricky Ponting
4- Sachin Tendulkar
5- AB De Villiers
6- Imran Khan
7- Shahid Afridi
8- Wasim Akram
9- Dale Steyn
10- Waqar Younas
11- Saeed Ajmal
1- Kumar Sangakara
2- Jacques Kallis
3- Virat Kohli
4- Sunil Narine
- Dit Haseeb Khan (2014)
Y didnt you just pick the entire pakistani side
- Shah Dit (2017)
sachin is billion times better than all Pakistani players.
- Michael Bevan (2014)
Best all rounders have got to be jaq Kallis stats say it all specially in the modern game it's more professional now with the training and conditioning of the body and all the technology involved it's harder to be outstanding. Gary sobers top player plenty of runs wickets could do anything on the field. Wicket keeper batsmen: no doubt this one Adam gilchirst. I remember he destroyed us in the ashes smashed a century of 50 odd balls great hand speed through the ball off the spinners seen a replay and he used to play the shot so late it was unreal. Best bowler for me Shane warne everyone say muruli but most of his wickets were against poorer players in the sub continent real spinners wickets. Shane warne could turn it on ice with a Ping pong ball!!!! 2007 test match at adalade got 4 for 49 off 32 overs. In the first inning England declared 550 colingwood double century and Peterson 150 too. Second innings ripped through the batsmen and helped secure the 5-0 white wash I was gutted :(
- Rohan (2014)
why is ther no suresh raina in this list?
- Cricket Rana rohan (2016)
Pakistani Greats: Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Javed Miandad, Abdul Qadir, Inzamamul Haq, Muhammed Yousuf, Saeed Anwar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq, Zaheer Abbas, Fazal Mahmood, Hanif Muhammed, Saeed Ajmal, Majid Kahan, Sarfraz Nawaz,
- 21 rohan (2014)
The best batsman of all time is Sir Donald Bradman. He had a batting average of 99.94 and needed only 4 runs to have it a 100. But my favourite batsman is Sachin Tendulkar
- Hitesh Sharma (2013)
The guys who are arguing about the best batsmen or bowlers can be rest assured that it is not possible to compare cricketers across different generations. That said, in the best batsmen category, I'd pick Don Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar, Viv Richards, Garfield Sobers and Brian Lara to be the top 5 (Not in that order). As for the best cricketers of all time, it has to be either Sachin or Sir Don. Their respective records ( Runs,Centuries / Average of 99) are unlikely to be matched.
- Rajesh Jhaveri (2013)
Enjoyed reading the comments above, yes all the names mentioned are some of the cricket greats. But some suggestions over-rated eg Afridi should not be on this list of greats, he never realized his potential to be part of greats. Yes all these are my favorite and given us lot of joy watching cricket. My favorite & top Cricketers in no particular order -
Shakib Al Hasan
- Ian Botham
W G Grace
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
AB de Villiers
- Muntazir Mahdi Soomro (2020)
1.Sir Alastair Cook[eng}
6.kumar sangakkara (K)[Sl]
7.imran khan (c)[pak}
9.shane warne [aus]
- Aizaz Ahmed (2018)
Fazal Mahmood,Shoaib Akhtar,Waqar Younis,Saeed Anwar,Muammad Yousaf and Shahid Afridi is missing
- Ev (2018)
I agree with the last comment. Of all these lists of the greatest players of all time, on some he somehow features in the middle and on others he's not even mentioned.
The fact is that you can't argue with the facts. Jaques Kallis is the greatest player of all time. Particularly becuase his achievments are in the modern game. I'm tired of people talking about Bradman and Sobers. Great players no doubt. But have you ever seen them play? Did they ever contend with reverse swing? Bradman's average is 99...but he has only ever hit two 6's in his entire career. Think about it. Even so, those great player's records stand and its those records that we judge them on...cos we never saw them play. Surely then, Kaliis should be judged on his record. Runs, wickets, catches. And importantly, someone who played the game in the spirit it is supposed to be played...like a gentleman.
- Deepak Raghav (2017)
As per Live Cricket Records, Sachin Tendulkar is the best Test cricketer after Don Bradman.
- Maawia Arif (2017)
Where is one of the living legends Shahid Afridi?
- Vignesh kivi (2017)
1. Hashim Amla
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Virat Kohli
5. MS Dhoni ( Wk )
6. Jacques Kallis
7. Ben Stokes
8. Brett Lee
9. Shane Warne
11. Glen Mcgrath
- Nandini Nandu (2017)
Rahul Dravid is a great player he is a legendary player.
This is a Nice post.
- Deepak singh negi (2017)
my cricket team sachin ponting kalis gilcrist v richards sobers pollac warn mc
grath akram donald
- Prakash12 (2016)
Shiv Chanderpaul name should be on any rooster that speak of great cricketers.
- Saikumar Vytla (2016)
I like only to watch Test and ODI games. From my point of view I have been watching a cricket since 1998 to present.
- 1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Alastair Cook
3. Brain Lara
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Ricky Pointing (C)
6. Kumara Sangarkara (WC)
6. Jack Kallis
7. Shakib-hul- Assan
8. Wasim Akram
9. Muttiah Muralidaran
10. Brett Lee
11. Glenn MeGrath
- 4 Extra Players
- 12. Virat Kohli
13. Denial Steyn
14. Steve Smith
15. Daniel Vettori
- VIKRAM Saikumar Vytla (2016)
Good team.but shakibul hasan ki jagah koi aur allrounder rakho. And del styen ko Lee ki jagah 11 me rakho.
- Saikumar Vytla (2016)
and also Right hand batsman is Mr. Rahul Dravid Sir and Left hand batsman is Mr. Brain Lara Sir.
- Aakash Upadhyay (2016)
1. ADAM GILCHRIST(wk)
2. SACHIN TENDULKAR
4. RICKY PONTING(c)
5. RAHUL DRAVID
6. JACK KALLIS
8. GLENN MCGRATH
9. WASIM AKRAM
10. SHAUN POLLOCK
11. MUTHAIYYA MURLIDHARAN
- Stephen (2016)
read all the batsman offerings...h'mm surely you rate the standard of a player in terms of the opposition. So .... who faced the bowler with the BEST strike rate AND average when pitches were uncovered mines and who was rated as " the most difficult to dictate terms to i.e get out by THAT bowler and you will have your answer: Not Bradman, Grace, Hobbs, Hammond, Headley, Harvey,Hutton, Richards, Chappell, Richards, Pollock, Lara Tendulkar, etc etc. you're all experts you go figure.
- Adron (2016)
Kallis is never best... Seems like your south african as you rate Kallis and Steyn high up... IF You are a newbie in cricket, follow my best cricketers list. TOP Cricketers ever!!
- 1. Don Bradman
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Brian Lara
4. Vivian Richards
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Kapil Dev
7. Victor Trumper
8. Arthur Morris
9. Imran Khan
10. Jack Hobbs
11. Adam Gilchrist
12. Ian Botham
13. Allan Border
14. Sanath Jayasuriya
15. Muttiah Muralitharan
16. Shane Warne
17. Dennis Lillee
18. Ricky Ponting
- Cheppu (2016)
- Hows it my team?
- SSSS (2016)
- Shabin (2016)
Where is our DADA.........Sourav Ganguly and Sanath Jayasurya
- Amanda Nemaric (2016)
Kallis best all rounder, Bradman batsman and George Lohmann, bowler
- AAAHH (2016)
- Prakash12 (2015)
What about Shiv Chanderpaul.The rock of WI batting for more than a decade.
- Saidur Rahman Tonmoy (2015)
Where is the Shahid Khan Afridi?
- Deepal (2015)
SANGAKKARA surely should be here
- Janesh Nundlall (2014)
1.Sir Donald Bradman or Brian Lara
2.Sachin Tendulka or Viv Richards
3.Aravinda de Silva (remember his 1 run 1 ball)
4.Jonty Rhodes (or AB de Villiers) but Johnty is the best at batting and fielding in that style.
5.Imraan Khan(absolute no mercy attack captaincy.. the opposition with tails between their legs)
6.Ricky Ponting/Adam Gillcrest( still batting brilliantly and excellent wicket keeping)
9.Shane Warne (undoubtly the best spinner in cricket)
- Beat this some one?
- Janesh Nundlall (2014)
One of the best captains ever of cricket sides I have personally witnessed was Hansie Cronje of South Africa, unfortunately with his success he was bribed for corruption and ended his reputation negatively. Hansie was for me the best captain ever in cricket. Ricky Ponting was just unbelievable because he had the pressure of captaining a side and performing on the field as well as excellent batting performances has to without any doubt be said that he fits in close to Hansi and surpasses Hansie only because of Hansie's negative record late in his career. On the batsman side stats show Bradman as the best, respected captains of cricket teams say Brian Lara was the best, records broken and set by Sachin still stand irrespective of what our opinions are about who is better, Sachin set his records quiet early and is a different type of batsman just as the others are unique. Sachin is assertive when he is challenged not aggressive when he needs to put on runs and like any good batsman has a great run scoring record. Yes there have been very poor performances from India with Sachin in the team in the past but they are World Champs currently with Dhoni captaining. Kallis was a good all rounder and his figures show a quality contributor in terms of runs and wickets however Kallis battled with performing under pressure playing for his national side unlike Lance Klusner who was erratic yet performed especially well when under pressure. Kallis is for me personally not a very good team player as he is never consistant but rather thinking of himself unlike any other name that will be mentioned here. Lastly I did not watch the West Indies in their prime in the 70's so probably from reading the reviews and looking at stats Viv Richards looks pretty mean and very menacing because he never backs down, he always comes back to any side or bowler that beats his side so I'm not sure how he would compare? Bowling undoubtedly belongs to Australian bowlers with too many to mention, but the one that bowled consistently and statistically the best and every bowler watched to learn from was obviously Mcgrath. I'd personally like to mention Shane Warne and the leg spin that just destroyed South Africa because he was their only obsticall. Other bowlers, batsman and fielders were entertainers and a great watch. Some with very good records that can't be beaten but matched to some extent. Some captains are like disasters that were prophesied about as we watched cluelessy as to what next. These are a few names worth mentionig, Jonty Rhodes (South Africa), Kumar Sangakara(Sri Lanka), Rahul Dravid(India), Imran Khan(Pakistan). All uniquely brilliant and probably unmatched for all rounded abilities. This is Cricket and these names make us want to watch this game because they entertain us and we know something is about to happen when these guys come onto the field. They are match changers, rule breakers, they change the norm, they set things apart differently thats why we talk about them. Cricket greats are for me those guys that play the game and teach us new concepts by producing
things never seen before or making records that nobody thought of or
- Salim Ali Baloch (2014)
AB de villiers is one of the best player ever he deserves to be on the top list
- Azim (2014)
shoaib akhtar he is the 1 n only made bowler n popular nice nice nice shoaib bhai
- Maxwell (2014)
imran khan the best
- Sagar (2014)
where is mahi when mahi stars that stupid pakistan sixer
- John (2013)
this sucks. where's Kumara Sangakkara. i thing he should be the best, look the way he plays.
- Sardar Tabasim (2013)
Its really difficult to decide that who is greatest in bowling Wasim, Morli and Warn are at top, while in batting Sachin and Lara are more prominent; and don't forget Kalis he is great player too.
- Tanzeel babar (2013)
ICC HAS ANNOUNCED TOP 5 CRICKETERS OF ALL TIME From 1990 to 2012 1 Ricky Thomas Ponting, AO, nicknamed Punter, is an Australian former cricketer who was captain of the Australia national cricket team between 2004 and 2011 in Test cricket and 2002 and 2011 in One Day he is rated Number 1 because he is a great player of his side and great leader and he has such great innings like 140* against india in wc final and unbeaten 156 against england is ashes 2006-07 2 Wasim Akram is a former Pakistani cricketer. He was a genuine left arm fast bowler who could bowl with significant pace who represented the Pakistan national cricket team in Test cricket and One Day International matches. he is at number 2 without any doudt he is a greatest seam bowler of all time he has ability to bowl in all kind of conditions 3 Brian Charles Lara, TC, OCC, AM is a former West Indian international cricket player. He is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest batsmen of his era and one of the finest ever to have graced the game.he is at number beacuse he has bigget test score of 400* against england in 2004 he has abbility to score against good bowling attack like australia 4 Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is a former Indian Cricketer widely acknowledged as the greatest batsman of the modern generation, popularly holds the title "God of Cricket" among his fans He is also acknowledged as the greatest cricketer of all time no doudt he has most runs and centuries but he is not such a big match winner for his team he wont play in swinging conditions like Ricky Thomas Ponting and Brian Charles Lara did otherwise he is such a great player thats why he is behind Ricky Thomas Ponting 5 Shane Keith Warne is an Australian former international cricketer widely regarded as one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game.he is one of the greatest crickter of all time he is a big leg spinner no doudt a great cricketer
- Dale Donaldson (2013)
if freddy flintoff never retired england would have been the best team ever because he is a legend
- Sbz (2013)
old is gold, its very difficult to choose best player of all time ,becoz most of the ppl donot know the past player well ,,if we talk about after 1990s,, it would be easy to choose,becoz we have seen them playing cricket, i think its the best team if we choose after 1990s..odi player
3 .virat kohlig
4.g christen (wicket keeper)
7.imran khan (captain)
8 shakib ul hasan
11.saqlain mushtaq or warne or murali tharan
- Jereen varghese (2013)
Aus, india west indied ve and had some of d best cricketers - b it present or past. Sachin/ponting/dravid/don bradman/ lara/ kallis. They ve proved their calliber and ve younger genetation of cricketers followin them.
But i dont understand where afridi comes in. Except 4 imran khan and wadim akram pakisthan has not produced any quality player nor has won any major worldcup othr than 91.
Afridi s just mere player who can stand and whack but a begginer in skill or test matched f u compare him wit any f d legends above. There r a lot f street cricket being playef in india and they all can bat like him. Sooo no big deal.
- Sulehria Sadia Jereen varghese (2014)
there is difference between street and international cricket team n if u thnk they can bat like afridi they should b in india's team then n then should must make century of 37 balls! huhhhhhhhhhhh silly!
- Auoj Raza Jereen varghese (2013)
And what about Zaheer Abbas,Hanif Mohomad,Javed Miandad,Inzimam,Waqar Younis,etc.Weren t the were quality players
- Auoj Raza Jereen varghese (2013)
Mate Afridi is not a Legendary Cricketer but Pakistan have produces many quality cricketers in likes of Zaheer Abbas the asian Bradman,Hanif Mohomad,Javed Miandad,Inzamam,Waqar Younis,Mushtaq Ahmed,Saqlain Mushtaq,etc
- Rock (2013)
Shane waston is most popular
player in the world every young boys and girls like to him because he is
very handsome and dangerous player also. I like him very much do like
him. If you like please comment on Shane waton all the best
- Freek de Ruiter (2013)
After the very much appreciated BBC4 documentary I think Basil d'Oliviera deserves a place in the ranks as well.
- Patric (2013)
i agree lee griffith but u dont know whats next hahahaha
- FdR (2013)
An objective choice is rather difficult, isn't it? I am glad to see my favourite Shane Warne mentioned, but I am missing Ian Botham.
- Hitesh (2013)
I like only Indian players before and very less other team players.
But now other team toooooooooooooooooooooo have some best players.
- It think is shahid afridi (from Mohammad ibrahim, Apr 2013)
- Deeply i say Don is the best as u said if kallis Amla do get chance as if sachin...they would have done a shooting run race than all...sachin is a good classic hard working batsman but not god.....Ricky ponting is better he used to bat in any alien pitch and fire his centuary (from waasiq, Apr 2013)
- Well, some people are saying that sachin tendulkar had started his career so early than 'kallis, ponting,lara, sangakara etc. thats why he has scored more runs than these players. I want to tell all of you that he had not started his career early but he had learned and understand the cricket so quickly in time. where your players just had been trying to learned on that time. Only genius can do this. (from Hitesh, Apr 2013)
- My favorite cricketer of all time is M.S. DHONI .i love ms dhoni and his helicopter short .he is a great indian captain forever.i also like adam gilchrist but dhoni is no. 1. in battin dhoni is soo good specially in ipl he hit helicopter short in i.p.l it was agreat experience. (from vipul sharma, Mar 2013)
- Every Body know the greatest records of SACHIN TONDULKAR then why we discuss about who is better (from Jeet, Mar 2013)
- Inzamam.ul.haq also a great player he 10000 runs (from m.ali, Mar 2013)
- I think afridi is very inteligent batsman but so;;; (from bilal liaqat, Mar 2013)
- Hahaha ... Sachin is been compared to bradman!! If bradman had faced bowlers like akram ,mushtiyaq,akthar at the age of 16 ,he would have topped the list for getting more no of duck outs. He is a batsman who can only score in aus .!but sachins avg is 50+ in almost all the countries and more over sachin even had the capacity to Bowl...so one can easily judge whose better !!! (from Sri vatsa, Mar 2013)
- Don't forget kumar sangakkara he equal with sachin & lara to reach 10000 runs in 195 innings with avg of over 56. unfortunately he is a late comer. so he can't play test matches as much as sachin , kallis, ponting. but he is also a greatest test batsman in world (from vilan, Mar 2013)
- Sachin Tendulkar is a greater cricketer than Shahid Afridi, but just barely (from Bert, Mar 2013)
- I think records jawab dete hai k kon best hai, sachin tendulkar(bharat ratna) (from mohit michael, Mar 2013)
- I think afridi is good for 2011 world cup bowling
- THE NEW WALL IS PUJARA. BUT ALL KNOWN SACHIN IS THE BEST EVER (from SUMAN, Mar 2013)
- If Kallis had began as early as Tendulkar, the latter would, without a doubt, be eclipsed by Kallis. Becoming a great batsman and being consistent at it requires a lot of devotion in the nets. Bowling requires just a much commitment. With that being said, Kaliis is both a great batsman and bowler and that should tell you of someone who has mastered the game completely and has maintained this mastery over the course of his career. I won't even begin to talk about fielding - everyone knows Kallis has "bucket-like hands". Take nothing away from Sachin because he is a great batsman, but if he'd share his time with bowling then it is almost certain that his batting skill will decline. A good example of this is when Sachin was made captain of the test team and his good performances dwindled in dramatic fashion. Too much responsibility is too much for him. Kallis on the other divides his time between bowling and batting and he still maintains a higher average than Tendulkar and he is just as good if not a couple of notches above him and he also reached 10 000 test runs in less matches. This should tell you something. Tendulkar has been largely favoured by a very early start to his career and this is one of the major reasons why he holds the records he does. He is one of the greatest batsmen but the title of the greatest cricketer ever belongs to Kallis - a complete cricketer. PS: Watch out for Amla and Devilliers. (from Mokoena, Mar 2013)
- Sachin, bradman, lara, sobers, kallis, gavaskar, all are great stars. but the list was incomplete without the man who changed the phase of test cricket,iam saying about VIRENDER SEHWAG (from shafeek, Feb 2013)
- Sanath jayasuriya all the way,firstly because he was a dangerous opener who combined power and precision to his shots and secondly can score sixes to any part of the ground using his bottom hand and finally 300 plus wickets which is also a great achievement (from adhil ashraff, Feb 2013)
- Arjuna ranatunga was very easily the best batsman the world has ever seen (from john waugh, Feb 2013)
- Mohamed hafeez and misbah ul haq the gretest player nomber 1 this tow (from usman, Feb 2013)
- If I am asked who is the greatest batsman I witnessed at my time, I would say Sachin Tendulkar. But as a player, JACQUES KALLIS always. He is the best composed player and the greatest ever too. (from Shaswat, Feb 2013)
- India is loser.Australia is better than India. my favorite cricketer is chirs Gayle.and bowler is wasim akram and shaib akhtar. iam Pakistani not Indian,nor Australian.i love Pakistani cricketers and bowlers. (from alifaisal, Feb 2013)
- This article is the worst i've ever seen. Totally one sided view. Typically biased indian view. (from Werner, Feb 2013)
- I cnt belive this a list of grt player of cricket where "GOD OF CRICKET", is mising (from Kaustav, Feb 2013)
- I'd put Tendulkar ahead of Bradman.India's tour of S.A (2010-11) is part of my evidence. S.A's pace attack is undoubtably the best,and yet Sacho conquered it.S.Warne is 1 of the greatest spinners ever,but even in his backyard,Sacho has a good record. Under enormous pressure from almost everywhere, Sacho is ever brilliant.I wouldn't ask for more!
- Javed miadad and imran khan is the besttttttt (from amna, Feb 2013)
- Wasim Akram and Izmam ul Haq are greatest players of all time (from Zubair Juggun, Feb 2013)
- I like shoaib akhter and abdul razaq thats boths r very good player and winning player (from m wasim, Feb 2013)
- I think Sachin is the god of cricket and none of all cricketers could not break his records (from Yuvraj bhardwaj, Feb 2013)
- Afridi is best because he hit the longest and highest six in world . the empire ask who will hit this six he will got 12 runs afridi hit that six (from za, Feb 2013)
- I think Number .1 is sachin, next DHONI. (from Alwyn saudi aramco, kolalgiri, Feb 2013)
- Shaid afridi is the best imran khan heros i am from pakistan (from ahmad sajid, Feb 2013)
- If asked to pick the best team with all the above mentioned players available, I would without a doubt put Kalis's name down first, and the pick the rest or the team around him. Sachin is no doubt a great batsman as well as a decent fielder and the same goes for a lot of the others mentioned above, and Murili and co are truly great bowlers, but Kalis is as good a batsman as all these guys as well as possibly the greatest slip fielder of all time and at the tender age of 37 is still ranked inside the top 25 bowlers in the world. Cricket is a team sport and like all other sports it is about winning. Batsmen like Lara, Sachin and ponting are all great, but they are interchangeable; no one would be unhappy to have any of the above batsmen in their team regardless of order. In their prime it would be a coin toss as to who out of the three would score better on any given day, but Kalis on the other hand is definitely not interchangeable. There is no one in cricket right now or arguably ever that brings as much to the table as Jacques Kalis does. He is as good a batsmen as the above mentioned guys, a better fielder(at worst just as good a fielder) and is no contest the best bowler of the lot. I am South African so there is some bias, but I maintain if winning cricket games is the goal then Kalis is without doubt my MVP. Greatest batsman ever is a tough one, but an average of 99 is ridiculous ad hard to ignore. But then again no one is going to say damn I got Sachin instead of Bradmon/Kalis/Lara. (from S, Feb 2013)
- Why is Barry Richards not shown in top ten batting averages? I know he only played 4 tests but he averages about 72 (I think). You show other players who only played a handful of games. (from Bloomski, Feb 2013)
- Sachin is best ever because under the pressure of million fans he play best no one do this .no big height no musles but he do he plays worlds best bowlers ever and bat best .whole world love you sachin please play sachin more you can play you are heart of indian cricket fans (from Shanti dev dixit, Feb 2013)
- Adam Gilchrist - Greatest wicket keeper batsman of all time (from Bijith Tom, Feb 2013)
- Surely Jaqcues Kallis is the greatest cricketer ever I don't knw what u other guys are smoking, first look at the stats before u open ur big mouths. Surely a person with an a batting average over 57, just under 12000 runs and taking over 285 wickets surely there's something wrong with u guys 2 think sachin tendulkar is beta but hey india has way more pppl than south africa so nt surprised at all (from Andrew, Feb 2013)
- KALLIS, KALLIS , KALLIS (from Clay, Feb 2013)
- I think some pakistani players are missing from above list ... ZARA SOCHYEE . . (from Zohaib Ali, Feb 2013)
- There's nthhing to fight about when Jacques Kallis is there ... A Complete
- The greatest cricketer of all time was W.G.Grace. He virtually invented modern batting techniques, dominated the game for decades and was in large measure responsible for the huge public following cricket enjoyed until fifty years after his death and still enjoys to a slightly lesser degree. It is pointless to compare his averages as he played on atrocious pitches for most of his career but he set just about every record in his day. Nobodt since has been of comparable staure in or importance to the game.
- Statistics don't lie because it cant lie!!! I luv the great aussies and it frustates me to admit it and not be biased but the greatest cricket player overall of all time is ... JACQUES KALLIS!!! You just cant admit it like almost me!!! (from Adam Starr, Feb 2013)
- In india for sachin ,it is said that ... baap baap hota he or beta beta ... in English .. father is always a father and son is always a son ... so sachin is better then don .. (from Sunil Kumar, Feb 2013)
- I agree, that Sachin is one of the greatest cricketers in the history but But among those greatest cricketers Don. Bradman is best one. (from Asif, Feb 2013)
- There's one rule that I always think of whenever this discussion is brought up. LBW. Much of Bradman's career, you could not be given lbw if the ball pitched anywhere outside the line of the stumps. Unlike now when it's possible to pitch outside off, hit in front, and be given out. Whenever I think about that I wonder just HOW many runs Sachin, Lara and Ponting would have made. In the first instance Tendulker isn't even the best of his generation. Lara got to 10 000 runs in less matches AND innings than Tendulker. Tendulker just had better staying power and started earlier. That aside. This argument can never truly be proven. The fact is, the generational gap, technology, pitches, and the science the game has become makes this an impossible comparison. Bradman was simply the best of his Era. And no one should say who is, and who isn't, the greatest of all time unless they can recreate the big bang. (from Luke, Jan 2013)
- Sachin is great batsman because he almost play in pressure and make century. At the time of don there were no quality spinner and fast bowlers. (from Sunil, Jan 2013)
- BRIAN LARA greatest of all batsmen along side viv Richards and sachin they are GODS
- Sachin is the best after Alastair cook. he is da epicness (from Tom Roberts, Jan 2013)
- In my opinion he is the greatest player who takes retirement and majority of people says, '' He should not have left cricket at this time. He could play more of cricket. '' He is the greatest player who not only scores in the field, but also in the heart of the people, whom people love to watch as he plays, who gets out and people just switch the tv off. He is the best cricketer who is constant & stands against all the odds and performs. He is the best cricketer for whom cricket is not a job, but his life, his country's pride. He is SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR, THE GOD OF CRICKET. (from Rajendra Kumar Naik, Jan 2013)
- Sachin is only the complete and all time greatest player. in don bradman's time there is no contest beetween the batsman and bolwer. are you ever watching don when he was playing cricket? i think all you answer no. so what i know it is very difficult to play agnaist the spiner then the fast bolwer, special in test cricket, bradman never face quality spiner in his cricket life. and he is not playing a single ODI. and he was not feel the pressure of your fan following.b'cz in that time in a test match hardly u see more people comes to watch. As a indian I'm not saying SACHIN is all time great. as a cricketer i m saying Sachin is only the complete batsman in cricket history. in a interview Wasim Akram Said that Sachin struggle against medium pacers but he forget Sachin dominating all the bowler they have in 2003 world cup match IND v PAK because they have medium pacer like Razzaq Yarafat Waqur and himself and again in 2011 world cup semifinal. then i ask all of you r u forget that match in sarjha, that in England, that in South Africa, that in Pakistan, that in New zeal and, that in west indies,that in Sri lanka, that in Bangladesh, that in Toronto, that in allover India, Every country who play cricket, there Sachin score runs whether it is ODI or TEST. and also in the Biggest T20 League in world IPL Every time he goes to ground he scores Runs, he has 30 Thousands Plus International Runs Playing 3 formats of the game it is not possible for everyone beside SACHIN. yes SIR DON BRADMAN is all time greatest for you. but forme he was Nothing for our Generation We grow up watching 3achin first kids that love to watch him,then boys we learn his technique, then young star wish to play like him in International, now man watch to see the god playing. After retirement every ground all over the world will miss the short around straight cover mid wicket every part of the ground. so only i can say 3achin Thanks you for Give us that in your cricket life. (from DEV, Jan 2013)
- Sir Sachin tendulkar no one like him he is the only one player in the world who can dominated all bowler in 80s,90s 20s,21,century he is god of cricketer (from samrat, Jan 2013)
- Rahul dravid and laxman should have a place in the list he deserve it (from krishnakishore, Jan 2013)
- Jacques Kallis is the greatest cricketer the world has ever seen. This year he will be second in the all time run scorers and tons with a far better ave than tendulkar and anyone else in the top 10. Then to top it of he has taken 287 wickets which no one else in the top 10 has done. A better slip fielder you won't find either. And that's just test cricket. Odi's is the same. No one in the top ten batsmen where bowlers and had taken even close to a hundred wickets. He is almost at 300. And again his ave is the best. You people need to check the statistics. They speak for itself. (from Jaco, Jan 2013)
- It's most unwise to compare Sachin because we cant say how Sachin can play in bradman's situations and vice versa. But modern cricket Sachin is the best. If we are forced to choose only one between Bradman and Sachin Even though I am big fan of Sachin I feel safe to choose Bradman as best (from saketh, Jan 2013)
- In my opinion kallis is the greatest batsman of all time ... he is also the greatest all rounder of all time. in test cricket he has the highest average of his era ... he has scored more than 13000 runs and taken 285 test wickets not to mention he is 3 rd on the most catches list(excl wicket keeper) and will prob top the list before he retires. (from waseem, Jan 2013)
- I compare Lara best then J.Kallis, 3achin and R.Ponting as a Test Player.. (from Sdkk, Jan 2013)
- I think saeed anwer and lara is best bastman in the world because both are match wining player (from yasirfarooq, Jan 2013)
- We neither see who was the don brodman nor watch his cricket, anyone in the world not better cricketer than SACHIN RAMES TENDULKAR. Sachind is the god of cricket. East or west Sachin is the best. (from Pravin bhagat, Jan 2013)
- Wasim akram is the best and javid miandad
- Don "radman is evergreen cricketer in world. But he played in only test matches. 3achin is great batsman in test and odl. So 3achin is best batsman after Don. (from Prakash, Jan 2013)
- Who would you rather have in your team, tendulkar or kallis? Kallis- average of over 57, better than tendulkar. Reached 13000 runs in fewer games than tendulkar. 283 test wickets and 189 catches. Enough said (from chris tyndale, Jan 2013)
- I think kallis is the greatest cricketer of all time, look at his career, more than 13000 runs in test cricket and also got approximately 300 wickets. (from umer, Jan 2013)
- Guys let's b honest king kallis is the greatest of them all almost 300 test wicket nd over 13000 nd he had done that in fewer match than the so called lil maestro (from t man, Jan 2013)
- SOURAV GANGULY IS ONE & ONLY SUCCESSFUL PLAYER COM FIGHTER WHO PROVED HIMSELF AGAINST UNEXPRESSIVE TREMENDOUS MENTAL PRESSURE ... HE PLAYED CRICKET FOR INDIA FROM HIS SOUL OF HEART THAT MIGHT HAVE EVER SEEN!! AFTER SACHIN WE HAVE TO REMEMBER SOURAV GANGULY FOR INDIA ODI CRICKET HISTORY!!!! (from CHINMOY, Jan 20130
- Don is no doubt is great player but Sachin is the only all time don of cricket ... (from PRAFUL BOPCHE, Jan 2013)
- I don't know why all comparing this silly things ha? one thing the great people or cricketers prodused by only one contry that is Australia. they only have that capacity to produce this kind of huge great cricketers. now debate is over. so ... ha ha ha (from Ashishkumar, Jan 2013)
- Cricketers cannot be compared . . Because of the time difference (from ZZz, Jan 2013)
- Sachin is a greatest cricketer of the world. BUT SACHIN KO ABHI RETIREMENT NAHI LANAA CHIEA THA. (from parveen mehra, Jan 2013)
- If bradman score easily in that era then why the other batsmen of that era score even at an average of 70. bradman is name of genius.truly world greatest player ever. (from bakar, Jan 2013)
- I think both sachin and bradman were great at their time as conditions and circumstances were different for them. (from sunny, Jan 2013)
- I'd put bradman as number one due to his impact on cricket but I reckon kallis is better then tendu lake because whilst getting 10,000 test runs he also got 200 wickets. (from Bob, Jan 2013)
- i think shahid afridi holds many records.he is the very dangerous all time in history of cricket
- It's rather pointless to debate the greatest batsman of all time with rabid Tendulkar supporters. The rest of the world acknowledges that Bradman was a statistical outlier (look up the term) and without doubt the most successful cricket batsman ever. Tendulkar, along with Viv Richards, Victor Trumper, Jack Hobbs and a few others, of course belong in the argument for number two but realistically there is no argument for number one (Unless you look really hard and try to make the facts fit your own view point). Bradman was a once in a lifetime player (perhaps several lifetimes), Tendulkar was the best (or maybe even second best - did someone say Brian Lara?) of his generation. (from Big Stan, Jan 2013)
- Durrrrrrr lanat sachin tandukar pe hahaha (from malik, Jan 2013)
- Great people come from God like sachin lara viv kallis. (from dan, Jan 2013)
- Where is Sanath Jayasuriya. Changer of the style of ODI game (from Udaya, Jan 2013)
- It's Micheal Clarke now (from jake, Dec 2012)
- Lara is the greatest batsman of all time and i ll give u the reason. sachin played with great batsman like shewag,drivid,ganguly,laxman, each evraging above 50 n lara was one man army yet he made w.i win at more than several times. lara remain not out merely in6innings n sachin remain 32times not out in test matches if u do know what does that mean u ll surely consider lara the greatest batsman of all time (from rizwanklair, Dec 2012)
- Only brandman have an average of 99, but my cricket god sachin have rest of all records (from sabin, Dec 2012)
- Whilst Sachin is fantastic you can hardly compare him to Don Bradman irrespective of all arguments. You talk of technology yet fail to mention that the Don had to travel by boat or train. In the modern era both Jacques Kallis and Kumar Sangakkara have better averages and Jacques Kallis may even get more hundreds having played 45 matches less than Sachin. I do want to emphasise that I cannot fault Sachins legacy, he has truly been a great player who I have enjoyed watching. (from Carl Krause, Dec 2012)
- Sourav ganguly is the best player in the history of cricket. (from anandu, Dec 2012)
- Its very hard to say who is the all time great cricketer, It will remain all time discussion on it but as far as modern cricket is concern no doubt the great cricketr who left the major impect on cricket to popular from one level to another is sachin tendulkar. (from salman zaki, Dec 2012)
- I think inzamam ul haq is the best batsman.look at his innings against bangladesh in 2003. (from shahid, Dec 2012)
- Where is virendar sehwag, the great? (from vasu, Dec 2012)
- Cricket is not a game where everyone count all the time that the everage is the key to know ability of the player.Every Bowler & batsman having diferent type of situation to adopt those condition is called true champion cricketer.So in this list you cant count lots of great player like, sachin, lara, sobbers, imran ,kapil, botham, richards, gavaskar and many more. But as far as the pressure is concerned on & off the field sachin is far ahead with every one. (from salman zaki, Dec 2012)
- I think rahl is simply the best ever ... (from chandu, Dec 2012)
- Please guys ... Those two immensely respect each other ... They know who they are ... Stop discussing and comparing ... They are great in their own way ... Each player is great as they have made it to represent their countries..So grow up. (from Arun, Dec 2012)
- Well to be honest B S CHANDRASHEKAR, G R VISHWANATH, KAPIL DEV, RAHUL DRAVID , SACHIN, KUMBLE AND SRINATH were the best cricketers on the INDIAN SIDE I HAV SEEN SO FAR. (from Nagendra Yadav, Dec 2012)
- Indians ... they are truly idiotic. Sachin averages 54.60, Bradman averages 99.94. Bradman averages 45.34 more runs than Sachin. Now think of these 2 things. 1. If someone played Test cricket with an average of 45.34, they would be considered as an outstanding player. Imagine Sachin, and add another outstanding player on top of that. Who do you get? Bradman. 2. Bradman has almost double the average of Sachin ... (from Noah, Dec 2012)
- Sachin is no doubt the greatest batsman of all time. aussies dont like him and so are not ready to accept it. they are still backing old school don bradman. (from mahek, Dec 2012)
- imran khan is the best of all (from the best, Dec 2012)
- When sachin enters the crease already damage will be done by rahul dravid as dravid at no.3 & sachin at 4 all new balls faced by rahul and made easy for sachin to play his shots no doubt to say rahul dravid is great among all his class, patience technique is compare sachin from 1996 to 2012 (from sreenu, Dec 2012)
- Sachin is was will all time greatest batsman ever (from krishna, 3 Dec 2012)
- Sachin is no.1.after sachin,ganguly is the best ... (from anandu, 2 Dec 2012)
- Sachin is a god of cricket & number one cricketer in the world (from Rohit b, Dec 2012)
- Inzimam is the greatest player who won most matches single handedly than any won in the world (from Nadeem, Dec 2012)
- Umesh yadav is best batsman of all time (from Saktiman, Dec 2012)
- Rahul Dravid Is One oF The Greatest Batsman In World He Is Wall Of Indian Cricket (from Varsha, Dec 2012)
- JAC KALLIS, SACHIN, WASIM AKRAM ,SHANE WARNE AND DON BRADMAN ARE GREATEST CRICKETER EVER. (from SUDHIR, Dec 2012)
- Where is Aravinda disilva,saeed anwar, inzamamul haque they also deserve to be there.
- To be honest with u peeps ... jaques kallis is the greatest player of all time ... the guy has unbelievable records on his shoulders ... yes sachin scored lots of runs, bradman with the highest average but king kallis stands tall ... its like saying sachin + murli + kallis ... watch out for dale steyn and amla (from itumeleng, Dec 2012)
- Kallis is the best. cricket is about Runs, Wickets and Catches look @ this guy stats. He is the = poiting * Magrath * Dravid (from Jushaney Rambau, Nov 2012)
- Subramanium badrinath is the best cricketer of all time,no one can be compared with him,
S sreesanth is the best bowler of all time,
- Don bradman is not btr thn S.TENDULKAR IT'S PROVED (from jack rudolf(aus), Nov 2012)
- Jacque Kallis just read the record books. Having him in the team is like having two players. Something like 282 test wickets, nearly or over 12000 runs at an average of 57 or more and then don't forget all those catches in the slips. It really isn't much of a debate. To be fair you cant say the best cricketer, you must say best batsman, best bowler and best all rounder. (from Andrew Watson, Nov 2012)
- The debate about Bradman v Tendulkar makes me laugh. They cannot be compared. The Don played all of his matches in Australia, NZ, SA and England. He played on uncovered wickets and at a time when a no-ball was determined by the position of the back foot not the front foot. So the wickets could deteriorate far faster than they do now, and an entire match could br played on a "sticky dog". Sachin has scored the vast majority of his runs in India, on covered, and hence protected wickets and with the bowler releasing the ball one stride further away from the batsman than in the Don's day. Cricket has changed beyond all recognition. Tendulkar may well be the greatest batsman of the modern game, given the right conditions. But if we'd had jet airliners rather than ships when the Don was playing, who knows what other records he would have smashed. Over the history of Cricket Don Bradman stands head and shoulders above any other contender for the title of the Worlds Greatest Ever Batsman. Now on the same basis the worlds greatest ever bowler ... Hedley Verity! Even the Don was cautious when the Leeds Lad was bowling. (from Peter Wood, Nov 2012)
- I think Shakib Al-Hasan is the best player for 2010-2011-2012. who was the top All-rounder of the world in those years. (from Anwar, Nov 2012)
- Sachin is a players player, athletes athlete, idols idol. Proud to tell that he has received our Nation's coveted prize 'Order of Australia'. Salute the great little master!!! (from Talbot Matt, Nov 2012)
- Pity that his record is no where near the masters, but rating a batsman on best instantaneous form/skill: Herschelle Gibbs! (South African opener & backward point, later 90's and early 00's).
I don't know of any batsman who has (or had) so much control over a cricket ball, with exceptional power coming from effortless bat strokes. He had an eye like a robot, near artistic style and coordination, and the coolest attitude and demeanor ever! Him being arguably one of the best infielders in the game's history supports my claim as to his natural ability. Note that I base the above only on how good the guy can be, on the pitch, in one instant (innings, over, ball, whatever). P.S. First guy to hit 6 sixes in one over, ODI's :) (from Stefan (Opening seam bowler), Nov 2012)
- Rahul dravid and lara are deserving the top seat (from talukder, Nov 2012)
- Sehwag is the greatest batsnman noone can play like him (from aman parashar, Nov 2012)
- Sachin, Brian, Ricky, Kumar and Herschelle great players to watch stylish and aggresive in all forms of the game, Wasim and Curtly my most favorite bowlers, Adam best wicketkeeper ever (from denzil frm SA(PE))), Nov 2012)
- Sachin is a greatest cricket player for all time proffed., so sachin is a god of cricketer ... (from anandwarriors, Nov 2012)
- Sachin most centuries against low profiles teams like zimbabwe bangladesh kenya etc. (from atif ali, Nov 2012)
- Reply to all of u how many players r there in the world who have given there country 3 world cups and that too in different forms i guess no one ..but only YUVRAJ SINGH he was the man of the tournament in 2000 under 19 world cup which india won , 6 sixea in 2007 t20 wc 70 on jzt 30 balls against aus and the bzy one 2011 wc again man of the tournament. so the bzt player who ever born is YUVRAJ SINGH. (from gunpreet taggar, Nov 2012)
- Sachin tendulkar is a great player.he is the god of cricket.No one can play like him.He is an outstanding batsman.He was the older captain of mumbai indians. (from keshaw bhalotia, Nov 2012)
- Sachin tendulkar is a great player.he is the god of cricket.No one can play like him.He is an outstanding batsman.He was the older captain of mumbai indians. (from keshaw bhalotia, Oct 2012)
- Bradman is the best player as there were so many disadvantages as Don Maloney rightfully points out.There should be a place for Dennis Lillee as the worlds best seamers-Wasim Akram Glenn Mgrath Courtney Walsh etc have said that heis the best bowler and he was their idol. (from Anish, Oct 2012)
- Well, you can keep on arguing who's the greatest, for decades to come. Sir Don himself had called his wife to show her on TV the very close resemblance to Tendulkar's batting technique to that of his own. He is recorded as stating that Sachin's technique reminded him of his own style. I am sure we as humans are capable of understanding fair and honest facts instead of talking about population, votes etc. Judging based on votes is one thing and judging based on performances is another. Both men have enriched the game of cricket in their own right and in their own respective eras. Let us all learn to respect that for starters instead of petty arguments. If Tendulkar would have been born then and Sir Don now, things could have been different but that didn't happen now did it? So, lets all give a standing ovation to two great and extremely talented cricketers who brought joy to countless others like us sitting in our living rooms, watching cricket and then suddenly as if almost crazy, start arguing who's the greatest! Long live cricket and may more greats be produced by all the nations, so that generations after us can enjoy and cherish the gentleman's game. (from Daniel, Oct 2012)
- Sachin is all time best but viru is all time destructive (from praveenkumar, Oct 2012)
- Rahul dravid is worlds best test batsman no one else sure (from sreenu, Oct 2012)
- Why kallis is missing, he is good with both bat and boll bredman was a batsman and sachin is also but he is allrouder having 10000+ runs in both test nd ODI nd 300+ wickets in both format.i hope no one can get this landmark. (from Irfan, Oct 2012)
- Bhaio sachin ki tarah down to earth playerdekha hai kisi ne.ponting nahi hai.Lara is a player of class like sachin.bradman is a bit better player as per his consistency.(from narinder singh, Oct 2012)
- Hey buddies u left de greatest finisher with an winnin percentage of more than 100 he is non e othr than m s d (from kiran, Oct 2012)
- Rahul dravid is all time great.look at his temperment and dedication,no one has fighted like him in crucial circumstances.he is the warrior.so,simply we call him back bone of indian batting. (from harish kumar reddy, Oct 2012)
- In sachin vs don they often forget the best ever that is sir ricky thomas ponting.
- I think Sachin Tendulkar and Donald Broadman are the best batsman of alltime.Muralitharan is the best the best bowler and Imran Khan is the best allrounder. These cricketers will remain alive until the last day of cricket. (from Amil, Sept 2012)
- Take a look at thisssssss ... (from jecob, Sept 2012)
- Highest run getter in all matches (15,533 as on 6 September 2012).
- Highest run getter in ODIs (18,426 as on 24 August 2012).
- Most number of centuries in Test matches - 51.
- Most number of centuries in ODIs - 49.
- Most number of man of the match awards (62) in the ODIs.
- Most number of man of the series awards (17) in ODIs.
- Best average for man of the matches in ODIs.
- First cricketer to reach 10000 runs in the ODIs.
- First cricketer to reach 15000 runs in the ODIs.
- He is the highest run scorer in World Cups (2,278 at an average of 56.95 as on 2 April 2011)
- Most number of the man of the match awards in World cups.
- Most number of runs in the 1996 World cup - 523 runs at an average of 87.16.
- Most number of runs in the 2003 World cup - 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup.
- Most number of Fifties in ODI's - 96.
- First player to score 200 runs in an ODI.
- He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC Batsmen ranking for 10 years in Tests.
- In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
- In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as the No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI players.
- He was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli.
- Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts.
- In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
- Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award, Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
- Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODIs 7 times.
- Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODIs most by any batsman.
- He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team loses a match in ODIs. Out of his 62 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
- Tendulkar most number man of match awards (10) against Australia.
- In August 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
- In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
- Tendulkar was the first batsman to score over 50 centuries in international cricket.
- Tendulkar was the first batsman to score over 75 centuries in international cricket.
- Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of September 2012 he had accumulated almost 33,969 runs overall.
- Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
- The 22 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
- Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
- Most ODI Centuries in a calendar year: 9 centuries in 1998.
- Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (49 Centuries and 96 Fifties)(as of 07th March, 2012)
- The only player ever to cross the 14,000, 15,000, 16,000, 17,000, 18,000 run marks IN ODI.
Second highest individual score among Indian batsmen (200* against South Africa at Gwalior in 2011).
- The score of 200* is the second highest score recorded in ODI matches
- Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
- Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
- Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
- Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
- On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
- When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
- Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
- Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
- Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten.
- He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
- On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home.
- Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings.
- Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches.
- Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third overall.
- First to score 30,000 international runs.
- Tendulkar's 33,906 runs in international cricket include 18,426 runs in ODIs, 15,470 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
- On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka . He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
- Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wickets and more than 15,000 runs in ODIs.
- Tendulkar is the first batsman in history to score 100 centuries in international cricket.
- Sachin is the greatest. if u dont believe than just go through his records,average and runs ... absolutely don is one of the greatest but playing with an average of 99.94 is amazing but he played only 26 test and majority with his known rivals ... and when it comes to pressure sachin has scored 140000 runs in pressure and bradman couldn't even score 4 in his last test when he was having pressure of expection from crowds .. and his team was the invincibles ... (from Dipanjan, Sept 2012)
- Rahul dravid, the man who has a record of playing the highest ball,he on own hand won the match against australlia in australlia something greats like sachin, sourav,viv richards ,kalliscant do. talking about don his era was suitable for batsman,no good fielders,poor bowlers (from shuvranshu, Sept 2012)
- LARA IS GREAT ... HE IS ONE AND ONLY FIGHTER IN CRICKET ... (from WASIM AKRAM, Sept 2012)
- Sourav ganguly also a very good player.and also God of off side,and big hitter thats why dada is calld dada the tiger ... (from Dibakar, Sept 2012)
- Wasim akram is a greatest bowler of the world (from Babar ali, Sept 2012)
- Vivian Richards, Wasim Akram, and Imran Khan deserved to be in the top 10.
- Mr.Velupille Prabakaran. is the greatest player in ground.because fought for combined srilanka's noth province and east province to Tamilnadu to establish a great 'TAMIL EELAM' own tamilian country.Ravichandran Ashwin will be the tamil EELAM captain. (from Viny chandran kumar. Chennai (now in Srilanka), Sept 2012)
- I think that brain lara is the greatest batsman i ever see play the game (from cleon bovell, Sept 2012)
- I accept sachin is best ever, u compare both side of cricket the westindian lara is best compare to sachin.He hold best in two side of game in same time,u search any where no one can built his carrier best in odi and test cricket world at low range of time. (from venuraj, Sept 2012)
- Rahul dravid is the best in test, he is the wall.technique.temprament ... everything he has.and also played in most difficult situations. (from Sushant, Sept 2012)
- No mention of Rahul Dravid..not fair ... Fine player from India. (from Roger Bird, Sept 2012)
- W.G Grace & Ian Thompson
- Salo chup karo ... deemag ki dahi bana di ... band karo great great ... only enjoy the cricket .. there is nobuddy special in the cricket.we should respect whole pepole who gave us en10ment in this game .. why should we worry about greatest cricketer .. lets enjoy the jentle game .. (from upadhyay007, Aug 2012)
- Dravid is the greatest Test batsman of this era. (from Saurabh, Aug 2012)
- Y to fight for don and sachin ... both were gud criketers..but .they cannot be said as the biggest players till now ... sachin dint know how to finish games for india an bradman din knw how to face spin bowling and bouncers ... more or less ... there were greater players than them lyk richards and warne ... but din had the luck of getting into toplist as sachin nd don did ... warne was the best bowler in truegrounds as well as richards is the best batsman ... (from anil, Aug 2012)
- Lara is match winner player his best (from rizwan, Aug 2012)
- " RAHUL DRAVID " is the ultimate step of cricket. every youngster should see rahul dravid's batting videos to become an artist in front of wickets (from mohit sharma, 22 Aug 2012)
- Sachin is great no doubt bradman is also nice but if we compare both bradman has only 1 record nd sachin has a no. of records (from Aniket, 22 Aug 2012)
- Sachin is best because the facts has been provided are wrong , if bowler is good and don has not seen that bowler then bowler had also not spend time for footage to get Bradman weakness. At that time there were no facilities to research on batsmen. and at don time there was time to relax to get fit but in Sachin time the schedule is very busy and there is less time for relax. if Bradman will face murlitharan and anil kumble today time best bowler then he cant get this average. hence sachin is best when fit because he has played all cream bowlers. if early bowler were good then batsman did not have much best technique to handle such situation in that time there were less cricket than today time now both bowler and batsmen are smart and sachin comes good against smart bowlers in heavy schedule. (from sonu, Aug 2012)
- sachin is a best cricketers of the world (from laxman singh, Aug 2012)
- Graeme Smith is the greatest captain, opener & player of all time. He has record of 25 hundreds no one on loosing side that no other player has ... (from Murtuza, Aug 2012)
- Why Sourav Ganguly, Allan Donald is missing? (from AAKASH GOPE, Aug 2012)
- One Lopher told Murali vijay where is he ... ? Hit him in slippers (from RpS, 14 Aug 2012)
- Don should not be compared with minnows like Tendulkar and anyone else. I've never watched Don playing but after having a look at his records and statistics g think he's one of best of all time and the one and only. People who support Sachin compare his centuries with Don's unbeatable average of 99.94. But the fact is they don't know the difference between No. of centuries and batting average. That's why obviously they say Sachin's 100 100s are greater than Don's 99.94. They don't even know that Sachin has not even averaging 60. So i would definitely say Don is gr8 and the greatest ever produced by world. (from malik, Aug 2012)
- I think lara is the great bataman in this world no 2 tendulker no 3 ricky pointing.becouse (from andrew, 6 Aug 2012)
- Where is Aravid de silva, Jaysuriya, Kumar Shankakara ... so, it s totally wrong list ... Rahul dravi is here so why not these people not suite ... west statement ... (from UMR, Aug 2012)
- He/She says 'why these people suite for west statement' to my dear UMR, I know only one language. Do u know what it is.It is a universel language. it has no country, no race, no nationality, no high class or law class even it has no patriotism. It is 'CRICKET'. Let's think for just a moment Lara or Bradman was playing for INDIAN team. then they will be the greatest in cricket history. (from Gunathilaka. Srilankan. Spet 2012)
- Sachin only god da idiots. one more time read hemanth kumar comments. nowadays bradman play test and odi he is getting avg 19.94 only(not 99.94) (from prabhu.p, July 2012)
- BRIAN LARA :-) IS THE GREATEST BATSMAN EVER ! any kind of ERA ! It does nt matter pitch is green ,damp ,fast or dusty MURALI also says he is the hardest batsman to out with his all magic deliveries (14 secret deliveries) Best fast baller 'WASIM AKRAM' Best bowler 'MURALìTHARAN' Best allrounder ' GARRY SOBBERS' (from RAVINDU, July 2012)
- I think DON BRADMAN is the best batsman the world has ever produced.
- India has the 2nd largest population in the world. So they can write many lies about their cricket players.Sachin is not even in the 10th place if we prepare a true list of the greatest batsmen in the world comparing their talents. The asia cup 2012 match between india and Bangladesh is a good example. Sachin got his 100th century very difficultly.But what a shame!! india lost the match!! there are many examples like this. This means if an indian batsmen score some big runs,any opposition can get runs more than that.That is Indian batsmen are very ordinary.Sachin and many indian batsmen get big runs in good batting pitches in India. They even can't score a 50 in a good bawling pitch.Indians think their players are the best in buisness.But actually they are among the most untalented. Most indian batsmen score big runs and create world records mostly to very poor teams in the world.But most players and commentators say indians have the best batting line up in the world, because of the money they receive from the IPL.Indian batsmen become heroes in good batting conditions and against poor teams. Even a 6year old child who is playing cricket for the 1st time will score 40+ runs in those conditions. (from chamdolston, July 2012)
- I think yuvraj singh is one of the great player.he is the number one match winner whom i never seen. (from Rohit Dixit, July 2012)
- East & west, Shachin is the best. (from Mamun, July 2012)
- Don't forget the most cracking batsmen for ever in world cricketers he is one and only VIRU he rules any bowler of world and he is a great hitter in all type of cricket (from devaraj, July 2012)
- Don played at the average above 99% but at the time cricketers are not at the peak level as sachin is proving that he more than don (from bharath, July 2012)
- Sachin is the world best batsmen & he is the all time favorite cricketer (from Azhar, July 2012)
- Bradman couldn't face bowler like akthr and brett lee. If he born in sachin age then fact will differ (from piyush, July 2012)
- Jawed miandad was a great player in cricket history who made six at the last delivery of the final over and won the match through this smashy shot. (from imran khan, July 2012)
- When you talk about stylish Cricket then my answer is brain lara, saeed anwar, wasim akram, shane warne, andrew flintof, shaoib aktar and shahid afridi. I watch cricket because of these stylish cricketers. Most boring cricketers " Rahul Dravid, Mishbah ul haq. steve wagh, micheal clark (from Rizwan, July 2012)
- sehwag will sit on top wait for 300+ bradman tendulkar lara won't do three triple centuries (from nkg, July 2012)
- I think best fast bowler in the history it was wasim akram (from Ali, July 2012)
- Shakib al hasan is the world best allrounder. (from Md.Faruk, July 2012)
- Gentlemen, As a Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt statician, it is pretty hard to argue with Don´s data.
I however prefer to award equal status on the merits of there contribution off the field; fair play, honesty, ethics, play the game and not the man, these are the real statistics that they should be measured upon. Just difficult to measure unfortunately. (from John Miller, July 2012)
- sir don bradman greatest batsman in the world all time.ever. he is the real THE DON. (from nikhil patil, July 2012)
- Sachin & brandman both equally best (July 2012)
- Sachin is not a powerful man but he is run scoring and century Making machine so sachin is best cricketer of all time (from Sudhakar, July 2012)
- sachin is god so he is first then only others (from naidu, July 2012)
- Sachin is my god i will give life of him i love u sachin nobody talk about him please he done so much to indian cricket sachin is great we wish all the best in future i love love love love love love love love love so much sachin if my son want to play cricket first i will show the sachin cricket vedios becuase he is true legend to game of cricker (from rohith, June 2012)
- There can be another way to find that who,s best one. as just think from starting of cricket every decade remember by the greats of game.how many players were their in competition with don but every time critics compare Sachin with Lara , Ponting , Mark Waugh, Arvind, Anwar, Rahul and every time Sachin proves himself the Best .i don,t know why peoples are having problem to admit that he is the best.when he starts every body was the fan of his Technic and aggression then his continuity then the way he handles the pressure what else you want from him .hopeless people who critic Sachin. (from B.P.Singh, June 2012)
- We don't nef a player like sachin he does not play for indea he play for him self, and when he get three figure his team loses. (from Aamir, June 2012)
- On a scale of 10, I rank bradman at 10 and tendulker at 6.do not compare the greatest with the great.use yor yardstick statistically i.e.average,number of hundreds on paecentage basis on innings played, number of 300',200'and centuries in both the innings.bradman scored 300'twice, 200'ten times and made 100' in both innings in 1 test, whereas tendulker scored 200' six times. bradman played 52 matches/80 innings and tendulker 188 matches/311 innings. (from s r roy, June 2012)
- murali vijay is the best. he is greatest than sachin and bradman. (from ramnarayan, May 2012)
- @ramnarayan..how can you compare murali vijay to such legends . he is no where near them SACHIN IS THE BESTT!!!!!!! (from arjun, Nov 2012)
- Look, bradman is the best ever, the bowling was just as quick as today larwood was 95+ mph and there was no limit to the amount of bouncers I. A over! (from Shut up Indian fanboys, May 2012)
- When bradman saw sachin playing he invites sachin to australia why? because he came to knew that god has come (from manthan sharma, May 2012)
- SACHIN is the only greatest player (from mohammed ahsan sn, May 2012)
- Hey, where is the most dangerous player who can rule over any bowler.. and can make cry any bowler even in test match. I mean to say VIRENDER SEHWAG ... world's most destructive player. (from Pritam, May 2012)
- Why don't you people talk about "Aravinda De Silva". If you ask from greats like 'Wasim Akram' who was the toughest batsman in the world to ball.. he says its Aravinda De Silva ... (from Sasika, May 2012)
- Well I think sachin is greatest batsman ever lived I rated him because of his consistence over the year. Its something phenomenal (from spurgeon issac, May 2012)
- Rrahul Dravid is the best (from sarvsh chaubey, May 2012)
- Why won't u consider the height of sachin tendulkar, being so short he is capable of scoring that much runs. sachin faced extreme swingers like Mcgrath and Akram, spin wizards Murali and Warne throughout his career. Further his highest scored individual runs is against Australia in odi as well as tests during the peak of austrialian cricket (1998-2008). Is there anybody in bradman's era with such bowling qualities. Could u show any of the england bowlers as per your classification presented above (since bradman played almost all his matchs against england only. You are absolutely wrong about the bowling standards, during bradman's era there is no much of beamers and bouncers as many as tendulkar faced. Iam not saying that bradman isn't good but sachin is best in modern cricket. (from prakash, May 2012)
- Hello, guys Bradman on that time there is no quality camera to lbw and run out.ok, even though 99.94. sachin made 100 centuries .99.94 or 100 . so , i say Sachin is the best cricketer i ever seen in my life. (from vishal, May 2012)
- You are just talking about the possibilities, if it so then i can say that it is possible that we can have a better player than bradman if cricket is played around all over the world. just talk with what u have!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bradman is the best in his era, but when it comes to modern cricket it is always sachin.(bradman would cry to play against warne and murali) (from prakash, May 2012)
- It is always difficult to compare players from different eras. There were different conditions e.g. uncovered wickets, and individual players suffered from politics e.g. Bradman lost 8 yrs from age 30 because of WWII. Graeme Pollock and Barry Richards lost most of their potential test careers due to apartheid. For my money the top 5 batsmen of all time, in order, were Bradman, B. Richards, Pollock, Hobbs then Tendulkar. Each, in their time, were clearly the best batsmen in the world (Pollock and Richards were contemporaneous. But, initially, Pollock was clearly the greatest of his age, but he was overtaken by Richards later). (from Ian Vos, April 2012)
- 'DON' ko pakarna muskili nehi na mumkin hai. (from Siddhartha Ray, April 2012)
- Jacques Kallis is the greatest cricketer of all time. Just check his record. No one has scored so many runs at such high average and taken so many wickets in any form of the game. This guy is a step above greats such as Tendulkar, Bradmin, Waugh. But don't take my word for it, just check the record. (from EM, April 2012)
- Sachin is the best player in the world and he proved it. by hitting double century in odi against south africa who have great bowling attack. so pakistani supporter realise it. (from saif ali, March 2012)
- Dan Maloney..are you on a high? What have you been smoking whilst watching cricket? (from dawood, March 2012)
- I think sachin is great but not a match winner when he scored a century india were loose the game so please remove the sachin name and add Muhammad Yousaf bcoz yousaf scored 13 centuries and pak won 12 times so yousaf is better than sachin bcoz muhammad yousaf is a match winner. (from zairy, March 2012)
- In reply to the comment by Zairy that when Sachin Scores India losts .. hey Sachin is a batsman he can only score runs after batting it's upon bowlers how they manage their attack ... by the way ther record says:Sachin's centuries:100 India won:78. So go and think 100 times cauz The God can never be the second best ... (from Anant, June 2012)
- Javed Miandad had a great techinique as far as batting is concerned. Wasim Akram introduced in-swing bowling action which is ruling now by all the fast bowlers but Wasim Akram created a indelible mark in this speciality. Sachin created record in longvity since his long haul as a batsman for more than 22 years without any major injuries itself speaks volume about his dedication but he is not a match winner like other cricket greats of past and his many contemporaries and also the many current generation players are playing match winning innings but Sachin failed in that miserably is something rediculous. But records of Sachin are great and not so easy to surpass those records. (from USMAN MOHAMED IBRAHIM, DUBAI, March 2012)
- Where is Sanath Jayasuriya? He has scored more than 13000 runs and captured morethan 300 wickets in One Day Internationals. He is the only cricketer to do so? (from Lahiru Gamage, Feb 2012)
- Don bradman is the better batsman then Sachin. remember sachin is also great player. (from zahid rahman, Feb 2012)
- Richard Hadlee is second in bowling list. He was a legend . (from maximas russell, Jan 2012)
- How big joke is it - where is sourav ganguly (dada)? ... he is one of the best and of course where is kumble ... mr (jumbo) (from mayank chhawari, Jan 2012)
- All greatest players have unique talent and skills which make them one of the greatest player of all time: Don Bradman (extraordinary Average and record), Tendulkar (King of Records and consistency), Viv Richard (Best Entertainer), Brian Lara (Best temperament), Javed Miandad (Best 'Man of Crisis') etc (from Syed Shah, Nov 2011)
- I think So Don Bradman, BC Lara & Mutthiah Muralitharan He is All Times greatest Player (from Swapnil Burhade, Sept 2011)
- SAEED ANWAR IS THE BEST PLAYER OF THE WORLD (from ZULQAR NIAN, July 2011)
- Sachin is greatest (from abhinav, July 2011)
- Sachin is god gifted.his talent is unexectable.he is small height big fight man. (from R2D, July 2011)
- Javeed Miandad is the only Greatest player of man of crises. He played through out his carrer as saver. He has more cricketing knowledge then any other player as coding by Clive Lloyd. He has the sharpest and killing batting techneque then any other player. He is the match winer. For example Sharjah cup final. (from Mohammad Ahmad Siddiqui, July 2011)
- Cricket is nothing without Sachin, I know sachin is the all time greatest player in the world. (from jagdish menaria, June 2011)
- Sachin is the greatest only for reasons the amount of pressure and expectations he need to handle over his cricketing career which is undoubtedly more than any other cricketer, not by mere statistics (from Arul Aravind Baba, June 2011)
- SACHIN TONDULKAR IS ALL TIME GREAT CRICKETER FOR HIS EXELLENT TECHNIQUE AND HUMAN NATURE. NO DOUBT ON THAT.WE WANT GOD SHOULD PLAY 2015 WC. (from MURALI KRISHNA, June 2011)
- Sachin is the all time greatest (from uday, Apr 2011)
- If Bradman has avg of 99.94, Sachin up until now has 99 centuries and awaiting more in d way. Sachins played matches against many teams n away grounds. N even his performance counts
Dats some great.. Playing against Magrath, lee, warne, murlidharan, akthar, steyn n scoring against all is not matter to b 2nd best ... It has to b a nerve of pure cricket blood n joy
He is better n best dan any other batsman in d past n mite b forever (from Ajinkya, Apr 2011)
- Well, Sachin is clearly the greatest. The other greats acknowledged in the list have themselves said so. Plus what he has done in the Indian context is important; after Mahatma Gandhi, he is the only one who has united a billion people. That's great social service. Agreed Bradman too carried the weight of a nation's expectation on his back like Sachin, but just compare the weight of India and Australia ... Every year India produces as many people there are in Australia. :) (from Sanket Shrivastava, April 2011)
- I think Sachin is great among above list ... (from Spurgeon Issac, Mar 2011)