Seven Modern Wonders of the Sporting World
Like in the traditional list of the 7 Wonders of the World, this list is of seven man-made wonders of the sporting world. This list was found on For The Win, a section of the USA Today website from in May 2013.
Here are their seven, in the order listed on their website:
- Bird's Nest — The National Stadium in Beijing, China (nickname Bird's Nest) was the main stadium for the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, and will be used again in the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- Augusta National — one of the most famous and exclusive golf clubs in the world, in Augusta, Georgia, USA, home of the Masters golf tournament.
- Centre Court— considered the world's most famous tennis court, it is the main court at The Wimbledon Championships.
- Circuit de Monaco — The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the most spectacular on the Formula 1 circuit as the race winds around a narrow course laid out in the streets of Monte Carlo.
- Madison Square Garden — a multi-purpose indoor arena in New York City, it's home to the New York Rangers of the NHL and the NBA team the New York Knicks.
- Fenway Park — This baseball stadium, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is one of the most well-known sports venues in the world. It is one of the few classic ballparks left today in the US, and is the oldest Major League Baseball stadium still in use.
- Old Trafford — Dubbed "The Theatre of Dreams", Old Trafford is a football stadium in Manchester, England, which has been the home of Manchester United since 1910.
See a discussion about and our list of the Seven Sporting Wonders of the World.
- More about sporting wonders of the world
- More 7 Wonders Lists
- All sporting stadiums
- More world sports lists