The Sacred Heart Diet is a soup-based diet that lasts for 7 days and can be repeated if done correctly. You are given a list of specific foods to eat daily that you need to follow and consume a special soup whenever you desire.
The Sacred Heart Diet will help flush out all the impurities in your system leaving you feeling clean and healthy. The soup will make you feel lighter and will help you lose weight between 10 to 17 pounds. It will also give you unlimited energy for the entire day.
This diet was formerly known as a fad diet. it is said to be formulated and have originated in the cardiology department at the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital, treating the heart of overweight patients.
Some people are concerned with the diet since the soup is low in calories and there are only limited options and quantity of food to be consumed.
To make a Sacred Heart soup, you will need
- 2 green peppers
- 3 large green onions
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 package of Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
- 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
- 2 cans of green beans
- 1-2 cans of stewed tomatoes
Cut the vegetables in to smaller pieces. Combine ingredients and let it boil for 10 minutes. Allow it to simmer and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender. You can season it with salt, curry, parsley, pepper, bouillon or Worcestershire sauce.
You may drink water, skim milk, unsweetened juices, herbal teas, coffee and cranberry juice throughout the entire diet.
- Any fruits, except bananas and the soup.
- Eat fresh, raw, cooked or canned vegetables and the soup until you feel full.
- Fruit, vegetables and the soup
- 6 Bananas, vegetables, 3 glasses of milk and 3 bowls of soup
- 10-20 oz of beef, six full medium-sized tomatoes, 1 bowl of soup
- Consume as many beef and vegetables and consume just 1 bowl of soup
- A cup of brown rice, unsweetened fruits and cooked vegetables and the soup.
With healthy eating and regular exercise, the Sacred Heart Diet will give you all the health benefits. There will be reduced risks of diabetes and heart diseases, and you will lose a massive amount of weight.
The downside of this diet is it limits protein in foods and lack healthy fats. Complex carbs will only appear on the 7th day, when you eat the brown rice.
It’s important to follow the strict rules of the diet in order for it to work. Ask your doctor before trying the Sacred Heart Diet.
- Comparison of diets — a complete list