The field of fitness testing is relatively new, and through research and broadening of the scientific knowledge in the field, new tests are being developed and test protocols are modified and improved over time.
On our large list of fitness tests I have tried to mainly list tests that have been used in the past or are currently in use, and have been studied and scientifically validated.
In this section I have included tests that have not undergone the scrutiny of scientific study. They may be unvalidated modifications or variations of current tests or totally new ideas that are yet to be researched.
New Fitness Tests
- EvalDM — an App based progressive test which can be used on various equipment.
- 20m Miller Run Test — a simple variation of the 20m beep test.
- Lucas 12 Test — a modification of the original Cooper test to include running, rowing and cycling modes.
- Sonic Test — repeat sprint test involving 8 x 40m sprints every 40 seconds.
Do you have a new fitness test idea or know of a test that should be listed here - please let me know.
- Complete of fitness tests
- New technique: 5-Point Hand Scale — a simple to use and understand system for indicating RPE.
- New tests to add