These equations, based on the research by Slaughter and Lohman, give a value for body fat percent from skinfold test results, in children 8-18 years of age. See more equations for measuring body fat using skinfold measures. All skinfold measurements are in millimeters (mm)
Skinfold measurements are taken from two sites:
- Triceps — measure vertically on the back of the arm midway between the top of shoulder point (Acromial Process) and thr elbow (Olecranon Process).
- Calf - measurement taken inside (medial) side of the right lower leg at the greatest calf girth.
Boys: % Body Fat = 0.735 (Triceps + Calf) + 1.0
Girls: % Body Fat = 0.610 (Triceps + Calf) + 5.1
- Slaughter MH, Lohman TG, Boileau RA, Horswill CA, Stillman RJ, Van Loan MD, Bemben DA.Skinfold equations for estimation of body fatness in children and youth. Human Biology 1988;60:709–23.
- Calculating percent bodyfat
- other equations of calculating %BodyFat using the skinfold method
- norms for %bodyfat levels for athletes and the general population
- Skinfold Measures
- A list of Body Composition Tests
- A discussion about Body Composition Testing.
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.