Science & Fitness for Ten-Pin Bowling
Welcome to this unique site all about ten-pin bowling. It is not just bowling science anymore, but anything to do with bowling.
- Flexibility Tests for Tenpin Bowlers [May '22]
- What is it called? [Jun '20]
- Bowling at the Olympic Games [Jan '15]
- What does it take to be a successful bowler? [Aug '10]
- Fitness components for tenpin [Apr '10]
- Strength Training for Bowlers [Sept 09]
- Bowling Equipment, including all about Bowling Balls [Sept 09]
- Gravity Experiment using a bowling ball [Sept 09]
- Article about Are bowlers athletes? [Aug 09]
- Tenpin Training & Technique resources [Jul 09]
Did you Know?
- Do you know which sport uses the heaviest balls? Tenpin Bowling of course!
Despite the popularity tenpin bowling around the world, the application of scientific principles to the sport is relatively new and for many is an untapped resource. For years people have relied on trial and error and non-scientific coaching principles to fine tune their bowling.
Sport Science has been a rapidly developing area of the sciences, and many other sports have been quick to use it to their advantage.
The sport of Tenpin is beginning to understand how sport science can be of assistance, and this site is part of this revolution. This site compiles expertise from the many different disciplines of sport science. The information is provided by several sport scientists actively working with the sport.
On this site
- Are bowlers athletes? Exercise Physiologists give advice to help bowlers develop physically through fitness training and fitness testing.
- There is the area of biomechanics, which helps to analyze your technique, aided by a better understanding of the physics of ball movement.
- The all important mental aspect of the game is covered in sport psychology for bowlers.
- To complete a total body approach, sports nutrition information gives you the knowledge to keep your body well fueled and ready to perform at your optimal level.
- Read about the important aspects of Bowling Equipment, including all about Bowling Balls.
- What is bowling called in other languages?
- Bowling Trivia: For answers to interesting bowling questions.
- Bowling Polls: Do you warm up to bowl? plus other tenpin bowling polls.
- Tenpin Bowling at the Commonwealth Games
- Should Bowling be included at Olympic Games?
- Bowling demonstration at the Olympics
- bowling clip art of equipment and players
- Bowling Photos — photos of tenpin