The Ballon d'Or award is an annual football award for the best player over the previous year. Here are some firsts ...
- The FIRST time a men's Ballon d'Or award was handed out was in 1956.
- The FIRST player from Eastern Europe to win the Ballon d'Or was Dukla Prague's Josef Masopust in 1962.
- The FIRST goalkeeper (and so far only one) to win the award was Russian Lev Yashin in 1963.
- The FIRST African national team player to win the award was George Weah from Liberia in 1995.
- The FIRST South American winner was Brazilian Ronaldo in 1997.
- The FIRST women's Ballon d'Or award was presented (called the Ballon d'Or Féminin) in 2018.
- Ballon d'Or Trivia
- Ballon d'Or Home
- Ballon d'Or Quiz
- Men's Ballon d'Or Winner's List
- History of the Ballon d'Or
- More sporting trivia