Rogaining is the sport of long-distance cross-country navigation, an evolution from the sport of orienteering.
- Fitness Components for Rogaining [Jul '18]
- What does it take to be a successful rogainer? [Aug '10]
- POLL: Fitness components for rogaining [Apr '10]
- photos from some rogaines around Canberra
Did you Know?
- Teams start and finish from a central area, called the 'Hash House', where there is food available.
Teams of two to five members travel around on foot, navigating only be their map and compass. A detailed map of the area is provided to the team prior to the start of the event, and this map has control points of differing point scores marked on it. The teams select their own route for visiting the checkpoints in order to maximize their score, and to get back in the allotted time.
Rogaining is suitable for all ages and abilities. For anyone who enjoys a challenge - this sport requires teamwork, endurance, competition, fun, and an appreciation of the natural environment.
- Fitness Components for Rogaining
- photos from some rogaines around Canberra, Australia.
- See the listing of Compasses in the online store.