Motor sports includes a wide range of sports, each linked with its use of a motor to propel a driver, and all have an element of thrill and danger for the driver and spectator.
- Motorsports Calendar [Jan '19]
- Motorsport major events [Mar '17]
- Factors for successful in motocross [Dec '16]
- Components of fitness for motorsports [Nov '16]
- Training for motorsports [Nov '16]
- Topend sports cars [Sept '11]
- What does it take to be a successful motorsports driver? [Aug '10]
- Profile of Mark Webber [July '10]
- Fitness components for motorsports [Apr '10]
- Fitness for Motorsports [Jan 09]
- Why the checkered flag? A discussion about the use of flags in motorsports.
- Some basic physics and Science applied to Auto Racing. Fitness and Fitness Testing is important for all motorsports athletes.
- See also profiles of drivers, Books about motor sports, and some motorsports polls.
Here is a list of motorcycle sports, a sub category of motorsports.
- Motorcycle racing - a motorcycle sport involving racing motorcycles. Motorcycle racing can be divided into two categories, track and off road. Also known as Moto racing and Bike racing
- Track racing - where teams or individuals race opponents around an oval track.
- Rally - a navigation event on public roads whereby competitors must visit a number of checkpoints in diverse locations while still obeying road traffic laws (like car rallies).
- Motorcycle speedway - a motorcycle sport in which the motorcycles have one gear and no brakes. Also commonly known by just Speedway.
- Enduro - the main objective is to traverse a series of checkpoints, arriving exactly at a predetermined time. The courses are usually run over thick wooded terrain, sometimes with large obstacles
- Freestyle Motocross - competition based upon points for acrobatic ability on an MX bike over jumps.
- Motorcycle Trials - a test of skill on a motorcycle whereby the rider attempts to cover rocky terrain without placing a foot on the ground. The winner is the rider with the least penalty points. Known in the US as "Observed Trials"
- Motorcycle Gymkhana - Similar to car Autocross, Motorcycle Gymkhana is a motorcycle time trial sport round cones on a paved area. The winner is the competitor who completes the course in the shortest time. Time penalties are incurred by putting a foot down, hitting a cone, or going outside the designated area.
- Motoball (Motorcycle Polo) - Similar to soccer, but all players (except goalkeepers) are riding motorcycles, and the ball is much bigger.
- Hill Climbs - one competitor at a time attempts to ride up a very steep hill. The rider to reach the top (if anyone makes it) with the shortest elapsed time wins.
Did you Know?
Ferenc Szisz from Romania won the first Formula One Grand Prix, held at Le Mans, France in 1906, driving a Renault.
This race for the NASCAR championship was first contested in 2004. The Nextel Cup was previously known as the Winston cup and The Grand National. Awarded to the winner is a 24 inches tall silver statue, with two checkered flags.
- Motorsports Major Events
- motorsports clipart of cars and bikes.
- Motorsports Calendar
- Rate your Motor Sports Heroes
- Funny motorsports