The Crossfit Games is an annual competition in which athletes compete in a collection of fitness workouts, in order to determine the fittest person on the planet. The workouts test athletes for speed, strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Athletes competing in the crossfit games will do a series of workouts of which they will have no knowledge about until just before the start of the competition. The workouts consists of: weight lifting - to test strength, aerobic routines - to test endurance, and gymnastics routines - to test flexibility. The games will also include different events like ocean swimming, a small triathlon, or softball throwing.
There is a competition for both men and women. Besides the open category, there are five other categories based on age for both men and women. There are also two categories based on age for junior boys and girls. Competitions also include events for mixed-gender teams.
Athletes are required to qualify for the crossfit games, by competing in the Crossfit Open, followed by regional competitions. Only athletes that qualify on both levels can take part in the main games.
- Strongman — a sport that tests competitors' strength in a variety of different ways.
- Stone Lift or Carry — involves moving stones as a test of strength.
- Power Lifting — tests of strength on three lifts: dead lift, bench press and squat.
- Olympic Weightlifting — competitors attempt to lift weights mounted on barbells to above their heads.
- Weight Throw — a family of heavy weight throwing events, in which the objective is to either throw the weight as far as possible or as high as possible.
- Complete list of sports
- Discussion about the world's fittest athletes
- The Encyclopedia of Sports
- About fitness training