The icosathlon is an event in track and field which consists of 20 track and field events, often called the double decathlon. The event consists of 20 events, including the 10 traditional decathlon events with 10 additional track and field events. Usually the competition is held over two days. There is an additional rule that each day should contain a pause of one hour.
Each participant receives a score based on their performance in each event, with the winner the athlete with the highest total score at the end of the two days. The first icosathlon for men was held in Helsinki in September 1981. There is a Icosathlon World Championships organized by International Association for Ultra Multi-events (IAUM).
The first day of the standard icosathlon includes:
200 meter hurdles
3,000 meter steeplechase
the second day includes the following events:
110 meter hurdles
400 meter hurdles
- Decathlon — a track and field event comprising 10 events.
- Tetradecathlon — a double heptathlon consisting of 14 events, including the 7 traditional heptathlon events with 7 additional track and field events.
- Heptathlon — a women's track and field multi-event comprising 7 events.
- Athletics Pentathlon — a no longer held event comprising long jump, javelin, 200-meter run, discus, and 1500-meter run.
- Modern Pentathlon — an event in the Olympics that comprises five events: fencing, 200m freestyle swimming, show jumping, and a combined event of pistol shooting and 3200m cross country run.
- More track and field events
- Are decathletes the world's greatest athletes?
- List of Multi-Sport Sports — sports involving two or more sports.
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports