The track and field multi-event of the tetradecathlon is comprised of fourteen events. It is also called the double Heptathlon. Mostly the competition is held over two days. The outdoor tetradecathlon event is solely for women, there is an equivalent 20-event competition for men called the Icosathlon. There is an indoor version of tetradecathlon that is for both men and women.
Each participant receives a score based on their performance in each event, with the winner the athlete with the highest total score at the end of the two days. There is a tetradecathlon World Championships organized by International Association for Ultra Multievents (IAUM), first held in 2004.
- Heptathlon — a women's track and field multi-event comprising 7 events.
- Icosathlon — a double decathlon consisting of 20 events, including the 10 traditional decathlon events with 10 additional track and field events.
- Decathlon — a men's track and field event comprising 10 events.
- Athletics Pentathlon — a no longer held event comprising long jump, javelin, 200-meter run, discus, and 1500-meter run.
- More track and field events
- Track and Field at the Olympics
- List of Multi-Sport Sports — sports involving two or more sports.
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports