These are the terms used for horse race betting in Australia. Different terms may be used elsewhere.
- Win - Money placed straight up on a horse to win.
- Place - Money placed on a horse to come in one of the first three places
- Win & Place - Combined win and place bet.
- Quinella - First and second in any order
- Exacta - First and second in exact order
- Duet - Pick two horses to run places - they can finish 1-2, 1-3 or 2-3.
- Trifecta - Select the first three horse in order.
- Quaddie - Select the winners of four races - usually the last four of the day.
- Doubles - Pick the winner of two consecutive races. The daily double is a specially selected two races.