Speed Bounce Sportshall Event
Speed Bounce events are part of the Sportshall series designed for the indoor use of school age competitors. This event is an exciting test of an athletes speed, rhythm and coordination, involving double footed jumps over a foam wedge. Below is a brief outline of the event, for more details see official literature.
- A foam wedge, suitable footwear (bare feet not allowed).
- Under 11’s (years 5 & 6) – 20 seconds
- Under 13’s and Under 15’s (years 7, 8, 9 & 10) – 30 seconds.
- Speed Bounce is a two-footed jump in which an athlete must take off and land on both feet.
- The athlete should cross the wedge as many times as possible within the allocated time period.
- If an incorrect technique is used, the participant is stopped and allowed a fresh trial after an adequate rest period.
- An official should call out when 10 seconds are remaining.
- The number of correct bounces is be recorded. It is not an offence to clip or brush the wedge.
- A practice trial is allowed - about 5 to 10 bounces provides ideal opportunity to spot potential problems with technique. Two trials are allowed.
- About Sportshall
- All Track and Filed Events
- Olympic Games track and field events
- Commonwealth Games athletics events