Soft Javelin Sportshall Event
The soft Javelin athletics event is part of the Sportshall series designed for the indoor use of school age competitors. The event involves a standing throw using a foam javelin. This is a brief outline of the event, for more details see official literature. Other throwing events are the chest push and shot put.
- Foam javelin.
- The javelin is thrown from a standing position, with both feet behind the throwing line and in contact with the floor. Rocking is allowed as long as some part of each foot remains in contact with the floor.
- The throw distance is measured from the front of the throwing line to where the tip of the javelin first makes contact with the ground.
- The distance is measured in meters, rounded down to the nearest meter.
- Once all competitors have had their turn, it is safe to allow the athletes to collect their own javelins.
- About Sportshall
- All Track and Filed Events
- Olympic Games track and field events
- Commonwealth Games athletics events