Five Strides Sportshall Event
The Five Strides events is part of the Sportshall series designed for the indoor use of school age competitors. Five strides is used for primary school competitions, and provides a good introduction to the bounding technique, which is essential for all the horizontal jumps (standing long jump, standing triple jump). Bounding helps to increase stride length and improve movement control. Below is a brief outline of the event, for more details see the official literature.
- Clear area
- The athlete begins from a standing position behind the starting line.
- The athlete takes five bounding strides, landing on the opposite leg to the take off leg in each instance, in a continuous forward motion.
- The measurement is taken from the start line to the back of the heel on landing after the final stride.
- The distance is measured to the nearest 25cm, rounded down.
- About Sportshall
- All Track and Filed Events
- Olympic Games track and field events
- Commonwealth Games athletics events