Here are the top fitness test results from the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine. This is the first time the national Combine has been staged since 2019.
There were 68 players invited to the national combine held in Melbourne on October 7-9, and (see the full list of invitees). Club interviews and medical screenings were conducted at Marvel Stadium for the first two days, with physical testing held at Melbourne Park on October 9.
An additional 66 players were invited to state draft combines in Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia (see details and results).
The fitness tests conducted included the standing vertical jump, running vertical jump, 20m sprint, agility test and 2km time trial. The top-10 results from 2022 for each test is listed below. We have also collated the best results from each year, plus the top 10 of all time.
Standing Vertical Jump (cm)
Rye Penny jumped 89cm in the standing vertical jump, at the VIC state combine.
|=1||75||James Van Es|
Running Vertical Jump Result (cm) - best score from right and left foot take-off jumps
|1||98||James Van Es|
* Aaron Cadman's 93cm leap was listed on early published results, but not seen on another list posted on AFL.com.au
Agility Run Result (seconds)
Darcy Jones' agility run was the all-time best ever at the combine.
|4||2.910||James Van Es|
2-km time Trial Test
Glenelg's Lachlan Scannell recorded a time of 5:49 atthe SA state combine.
No data is available for height, weight, hand span and arm span tests.
- AFL Draft Combine Top Scores for each year.
- Results for the 2022 AFL State Combines
- Description of the AFL Draft Camp Tests.
- See more results in the 2022 state based combines
- Results of the 2022 Women's combine
- A video of fitness testing at the AFL draft camp.
- Draft camp testing for the NBA, NFL and NHL.