Stockholm Olympic Stadium (Stockholms Olympiastadion)
Olympic Stadium (Stockholms Olympiastadion) is located in Stockholm, Sweden. The stadium was opened in 1912 for the 1912 Olympic Games. At the Olympic Games, it hosted the sport of athletics, some of the equestrian, some of the football, gymnastics, the running part of the modern pentathlon, tug of war, and wrestling events.
The stadium currently has a capacity of 14,417 (much larger for concerts) and regularly holds athletics events and concerts.
Events Held at Stockholms Olympiastadion
Here are just some of the major events that have been held at Stockholms Olympiastadion:
- 1912 Summer Olympic Games
- 1958 European Athletics Championships.
- The finish of the annual Stockholm Marathon
Stockholm Olympic Stadium Trivia
- In 1956, when Melbourne hosted the 1956 Olympics, the equestrian competitions were held here due to quarantine rules in Australia.
- Stockholm's stadion has seen more athletics world records broken than any other stadium in the world.