The Nissan Stadium, also known as International Stadium Yokohama, is located in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. The stadium first in opened in March 1998. It has a capacity of 72,327. It is used mainly for football matches.
This stadium is one of the venues for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, used for football matches.
Major Events Held at the Yokohama International Stadium
- 2001 FIFA Confederations Cup
- 2002 - hosted the final game between Germany and Brazil at the 2002 FIFA World Cup, plus three first-round games.
- 2005-8, 2011-12, 2015-16 - FIFA Club World Championship
- 2005-8 FIFA Club World Championship
- 2019 - the final match of the Rugby World Cup
- 2021 - football matches for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- It is the home stadium of Yokohama F. Marinos of the J1 League.
- The stadium had the highest seating capacity in Japan until the New National Stadium in Tokyo was opened in November 2019.
- Olympic Games stadiums
- More stadiums of Japan
- All Stadiums List
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Venues of the Tokyo Olympic Games
- About Sport in Japan