Japan National Stadium
Japan's National Stadium was formerly known as the New National Stadium, as it replaced the national stadium that stood at this site, home to the 1964 Olympic Games. The National Stadium is located in Kasumigaoka, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan. It has a regular capacity of 68,000, which can be boosted to 80,016 with temporary seating. The stadium is used mainly for association football matches.
This stadium is the main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, to be used for athletics, football, and the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics and Paralympic Games.
Major Events Held at the National Stadium
- 2021 - athletics, football, and the opening and closing ceremonies for Tokyo 2020.
- The old stadium was demolished in 2015, with the construction of this new National Stadium beginning on 11 December 2016.
- The stadium's exterior structure is made of wood sourced from each of Japan's 47 prefectures.
- Every Olympic Games stadium
- More stadiums of Japan
- All Stadiums List
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Venues of the Tokyo Olympic Games
- About Sport in Japan