Munich Olympic Stadium (Olympiastadion)
The Olympic Stadium is located in Munich, Germany. The stadium was built for the Munich Olympics. It is situated within the Olympic Park sports precinct (Olympiapark München) in northern Munich. The original capacity of the stadium was 80,000, its current capacity is 69,250.
Events held at the Munich Olympic Stadium
- 1972 Olympic Games - the opening and closing ceremonies, athletics, equestrian (jumping team), the running part of the modern pentathlon and the football final match.
- 1974 FIFA World Cup Final
- 1979 European Cup Final
- 1988 UEFA Euro Final.
- 1993 European Cup Final
- 1997 UEFA Champions League Final
- 2002 the 18th European Athletics Championships
- The unique design idea was to imitate the Alps
- In 2006, the stadium made history as being the first venue to host the Tour de Ski cross-country skiing competition
- All Olympic Games Stadia
- All sporting stadiums
- Sporting Stadiums of Germany
- Berlin Olympic Stadium (Olympiastadion)
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- 1972 Olympic Games