Carbohydrates for Athletes
Carbohydrates are one of the essential macronutrients, and a very important energy fuel for exercising athletes. The main source of energy for exercising muscles is carbohydrate - some comes from glucose in the blood and a larger amount from the glycogen stored in your muscles. The source of all these carbohydrates ultimately comes from your dietary intake.
- GI Food for Athletes — both high and low glycemic index foods have a place in the diet of athletes.
- Sugar & Carbohydrate — What is best for Athletes.
- Carbs and Energy Levels — do you feel flat on a low carb diet?
- High Carbohydrate Eating — Are you getting enough?
- Carbohydrate Loading — increasing your carbohydrate stores prior to exercise.
- About Carbohydrates from the Healthly Living Section
- Clare's research on carbohydrate injestion and half-marathon performance