Topend Sports Newsletter: 15 March 2021
What's New: [Topend] Sports
There is a little less than usual happening in sports as we transition from major lockdowns and cancelled events back to our regular schedules, but on Topend Sports the opposite is true, we have been very busy updating and adding lots of content.
Recent highlights in the world of sports and fitness
- Upcoming major events: the Asian Beach Games and the World Miltary Games that were due to happen in the next few weeks have been postponed. The US Masters at Augusta is the next event coming up on our calendar.
- Super Bowl: thankfully it still went ahead last month, though with the record lowest ever number of spectators due to crowd restrictions [Superbowl trivia] [largest sporting crowds]. That would have been a valuable ticket to get hold of.
- NFL Combine: I usually look forward to the physical testing at the NFL combine and the new talent that may be on display, but this year there were only virtual interviews and all individual workouts are to be held at the College pro days. [combine top scores]
- Cricket Fitness Testing: The Indian cricket team has implemented the 2 km time trial for their players, to supplement the yo-yo test as the fitness testing standard. [cricket fitness testing]
Highlights of what's happening on Topend Sports
- Nutrition update: the sports nutrition section on Topend Sports has had a major revamp and much more content is being added by our dietitian Clare Wood in the coming months.
- Latest article in sports nutrition: Athlete Nutrition When Traveling to a Cold Climate.
- Latest fitness test added: Isometric Push-Up Hold Test.
- Latest article in fitness: A guide to getting a Job as a Fitness Trainer
- Latest blog post: a very topical post about wearing a mask while exercising.
- Most popular webpage: there was a huge surge in traffic for the super bowl winners list, with the UEFA Champions league winners list also trending recently.
- Latest poll: Do you agree with breakdancing being added to the Olympic program for 2024?
Check out these pages and other great new content on Topend Sports. If you haven't already, also follow us on Facebook for the updates and the latest news in sports and fitness.
- More about the future of fitness testing
- Sign up for the latest newsletters
- See more archived newsletters