Jamaica made its first appearance at the Winter Games in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1988 and since then has missed joining the event just once in Turin, Italy in 2006.
The Caribbean nation’s bobsleigh team grabbed the spotlight at the 1988 Winter Games.
The small nation is a force to reckon with in athletics at the Summer Olympics but still seeking to capture its first-ever medal at the Winter Games.
- In 1988 in Calgary, Jamaica entered its first bobsled team, finishing last. However, they did inspire a Hollywood film called Cool Runnings.
- Video of the Jamaican Bobsled team
- About sport in Jamaica
- Jamaica at the Summer Olympics
- More Winter Olympics Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.