Georgia at the Winter Olympic Games
Georgia made its debut at the Winter Games in Lillehammer, Norway in 1994 and had never missed in participating in the revered event from then on. Prior to that, athletes from the region of Georgia have competed at the Winter Olympic Games under the former country of the Soviet Union. The nation was part of the Soviet Union that competed at the Olympics from 1952 to 1988 and the Unified Team along with fellow former Soviet republics in 1992.
Georgia have yet to win a medal at the Winter Games.
The former Soviet republic had already fielded 28 athletes at the Winter Games from 1994 to 2014 - they sent 4 athletes at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games in Russia.
- A Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili was tragically killed in a training run crash after flying off the Olympic track in Whistler, Canada in the days before the 2010 Games were to begin.
- About Sport in Georgia
- Georgia at the Summer Olympics
- USSR at the Winter Olympics
- More Winter Olympics Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.