Costa Rica is a latecomer to the Winter Games as it appeared for the first time in Lake Placid, New York in 1980. Since then the nation has missed four editions of the Winter Games (1994, 1998, 2010 and 2014).
The Central American nation has a few medals at the Summer Olympics thanks to its prolific swimmers, Silvia Poll and Claudia Poll, however, is still waiting to win its first medal at the Winter Games.
The nation sent 12 athletes at the Winter Games from 1980 to 2014.
- Costa Rican athletes competed at the 2002 Winter Olympics, though it did not take part in the Opening Ceremony.
- About Sport in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica at the Summer Olympics
- More Winter Olympics Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.