2013 Tour de France
The 2013 Tour de France event was the 100th held. It started on June 29 and finished on July 21, 2013. The event started on the French island of Corsica. The winner was British rider Chris Froome riding for Team Sky.
- General classification: Chris Froome, team Sky
- Points (sprint): Peter Sagan (Cannondale)
- Mountains: Nairo Quintana (Movistar Team)
- Young rider: Nairo Quintana (Movistar Team)
- Team: Team Saxo-Tinkoff
- Combativity: Christophe Riblon (Ag2r-La Mondiale)
- Total distance covered was 3,403 km (2,115 miles)
- There were 22 teams of nine riders in each team.
- The prize money for this tour was in excess of $2.5 million.
- This was the first time that the tour had visited the Mediterranean island of Corsica.
- This tour was the first in ten years to be completed only on French soil.
- Although the winner Froome raced as a British rider, Froome was born in Kenya and predominately raised in South Africa.
- Information about each of the tours