Super Bowl MVP Trivia
The Super Bowl MPV award is given to the most valuable player in the Super Bowl final. See the list of winners.
- Chuck Howley, the winner from 1971, is the only player from a losing team to be named MVP.
- In 1978, both Randy White and Harvey Martin were co-winners.
- In 1999, 38 year of John Elway was the oldest player to win a MVP. In 2017, this record was broken when 39 year old Tom Brady won. He also won again in 2021.
- The youngest player to win the award was Marcus Allen, who was 23 when he was named the MVP of 1984 Super Bowl.
- The first wide receiver to be awarded MVP was Lynn Swan of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1976.
- Quarterbacks have won the award more than 50% of the time.
- The Manning brothers (Peyton and Eli) are the only brothers win the MVP, and not only that, they won them consecutively (2007, 2008).
- Mark Rypien (1992) and Hines Ward (2006) are the only players born outside the United States to earn the Super Bowl MVP, having been born in Canada and South Korea, respectively.
- Dallas Cowboys have the most MVPs with 7
- Tom Brady has won a record five Super Bowl MVPs (Joe Montana won three)
- Brady is the oldest player to be named Super Bowl MVP (aged 43 in Super Bowl LV)