South Africa at the Netball World Cup
South Africa first played at the World Cup in 1963 where they finished 6th. South Africa then played at the 1967 World Cup in Perth but did not reappear until 1995 in Birmingham, England post-apartheid restrictions.
South Africa's highest ever World Cup finish was 2nd at the 1995 World Cup in Birmingham, England. South Africa played Australia in the final losing the match 48-68. They also came third in the second event in 1967.
South Africa will host the 2023 Netball World Cup, the first time they have hosted the event.
- South Africa is the only nation other than Australia and New Zealand to have played in a World Cup final (Finals were introduced in 1991 in Sydney, Australia)
- 2023 Netball World Cup held in South Africa
- Other Countries at the Netball World Cup
- About Sport in South Africa
- Netball World Champs home