Fencing was first part of the Asian Games in 1974, and has been on the program ever since, with the exception of 1982. There are currently six match categories for men and women: individuals foil, team foil, individual epee, team epee, individual saber, team saber.
- The three types of weapon are used in Olympic fencing, with different valid targets:
- Foil which uses a light thrusting weapon (the valid target is just the torso)
- Epée which uses a heavy thrusting weapon (the valid target is the entire body)
- Sabre which uses a light cutting and thrusting weapon (the valid target area includes almost everything above the waist).
- Fencing at the Olympics
- Fencing at the Commonwealth Games
- About the sports of the Asian Games
- More about the Asian Games
- About Fencing Major Events
- About the Sport of Fencing
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.