Fencing is a combat sport involving the use of swords to score points. The objective of the sport is to score points by touching your opponent with the tip of your sword, while avoiding being touched yourself.
It is one of the four original Olympic sports, and it has a long history that dates back to the Middle Ages. It is a a highly technical sport which requires a combination of physical agility, quick reflexes, and strategic thinking, as fencers must anticipate their opponent's moves and react accordingly.
Three types of weapon are used in the sport of Olympic fencing today: the Foil, Épée and Sabre. See more about the fencing equipment.
- Fitness Components for Fencing — what attributes are important for success in fencing.
- Rules for Fencing
- Equipment for Fencing
- Anthropometry for Fencing — what is the best body size and composition for a fencer?
- Rate the important factors for success in fencing.
- Which of the components of fitness is the most important for success in fencing?
- What do you call fencing? The language of fencing around the world.
- Fencing Major Events
- Fencing is one of only five sports have been contested at every summer Olympic Games since 1896. More about the history of Fencing at the Olympics.
- Fencing is also part of the Commonwealth Games program.
- Some Fencing Books.
- See the fencing pages from the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games
- Fencing Polls, including a poll about the Fitness components for fencing
- About Fencing Major Events
- Complete list of sports