Imperial Distance Olympic Track & Field Events
For the most part the track events at the Olympic Games are held over metric distances, though there are examples of athletics events over several years using imperial units. At the 1904 St Louis Olympics there were many other events held in conjunction with the Olympic which were run over distances measured in yards, but the Olympic events were mostly over distances measured in meters. The 1904 Olympics were the only time the distance measures for the throws and jumps were recorded in yards.
Olympic Imperial Events
- Part of the All-Around Event in 1904, there was 100 yards, 120-yard hurdles, 1 mile, and the 880 yard walk.
- Part of the Triathlon Event in 1904 was a 100-yard run
- 5 Miles 1906, 1908
- Team Race 1904 (4 mile), 1908 (3 mile)
- Walk: 10-Mile (1908)
- Full list of all Discontinued Events
- current track and field events of the Summer Olympic Games.
- converting yards to meters
- About the sport of athletics