Two Hands Discus
This event is not as unusual as it sounds. The participants were not required to throw the implement with two hands, but throw it with each hand, and the combined score of each hand was used to determine the winner. The three finalists were allowed three more throws with each hand.
In 1912, the only time this event was held, there were a couple of other two handed events too: 2 hands shot put and 2 hands javelin. Another discus event has also been discontinied, the Greek-Style Discus Throw, held in 1906 and 1908.
- Armas Taipale (FIN) 82.86
- Elmer Niklander (FIN) — 77.96
- Emil Magnusson (SWE) 77.37
- Other Track and Field discontinued events.
- About the Greek-Style Discus Throw
- Discus at the Olympic Games
- Full list of all Discontinued Events