Australia have competed in every world cup championships, and are the most successful World Cup team, having won the tournament six times, in 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015, 2023 and also being the runner up twice (see winner's list).
- Australia are one of six nations to have appeared at all World Cup Tournaments.
- The first tournament held in the Southern hemisphere was 1992, when it was co-hosted in Australia and New Zealand.
- Kepler Wessels was the first player to represent two different teams in the World Cup - he played for Australia in 1983 and for South Africa in 1991-92 (the only other player to play for more than one team is Anderson Cummins for West Indies and Canada).
- The only Australian to get a World Cup hat trick is Brett Lee in 2003 against Kenya.
- On 18 Mar 2011 Australia ended a 34-match World Cup streak without a loss. During this period, which started on May 27, 1999, they won 32 matches, while one was tied and one was a no-result.
- About Sport in Australia
- Information about all countries that have participated at the ICC World Cup of Cricket