The World Baseball Classic is the premier international baseball tournament, sanctioned by the International Baseball Federation (IBF), and features the best players in the world. The winner of this tournament is classed as the "World Champion".
The tournament was first played in 2006. The last event was played in 2023. The next event is scheduled for 2026.
More about the Classic
- Classic Winners List
- Host Countries - the last in 2023 was Japan, Taiwan and United States
- Results from competing countries.
- History — about the Baseball World Classic, first held in 2006.
Baseball World Cup
The Baseball World Classic was (sort of) preceded by a World Cup tournament. The IBAF Baseball World Cup was an international baseball tournament held from 1938 to 2011. The last Baseball World Cup was held in 2011. It was the 39th Baseball World Cup.
- Other Major Baseball Tournaments
- International Baseball Calendar
- See more information about the sport of baseball.
- The baseball world series and other major sporting events