- equipment: flat, non-slip floor, with line markings (can use masking tape), tape measure, stopwatch
- procedure: Subject stands at a center line, then jumps 30cm to the side (e.g. right) and touches a line with the closest foot, jumps back to the center then jumps 30 cm to the other side, then back to the center. This is one complete cycle. The subject tries to complete as many cycles as possible in one minute.
- scoring: One complete cycle is recorded as 1, and half a cycle as 0.5. The score is expressed as the number of repetitions in one minute. Some normative values are presented below.
- reference: Many years ago when this page was created, the reference was recorded as Song (1982). I have not been able to find further details, this may be a book reference.
- See also the related Edgren 10 second Side Step test, and modified Edgren sidestep test.
- about agility fitness testing
- Agility Testing Videos