World Best Push Ups Scores
A test of upper body strength endurance is the push up test, which is commonly conducted over a one minute period. Read a description of a one-minute push up test. As with many of these world best lists, it is difficult to confirm reports, and the actual technique is often not documented.
Most Pushups per Minute
Wikipedia lists the Croatian Krunoslav Budiselic as a Guinness World Record holder with 140 pushups in one minute. Glen Tenove claim to have the Guinness World Record for the Most Push Ups in one Minute with 152. The recordholders.org website states that record claims up to 199 push ups in one minute have been made, however they do not continue to publish these record claims because it became impossible to judge about the correctness of the technique of the exercises at this speed.
Most Non-Stop Pushups
The world record for the most number of non-stop push ups is 10,507 by Minoru Yoshida of Japan, which was achieved in October 1980, breaking the record of 7,650 by Henry C. Marshal (USA) from 1977. Some time after this record, Guinness stopped recording non-stop push up records (no rest periods allowed) and instead started recording most push-ups in 24 hours with as many rest periods as they wanted.
Push-Ups in an Hour
The Guinness Book of Records lists the most push ups in one hour as 2,220 by Carlton Williams from Wales UK. The feat was achieved on 25 July 2015 in Margaret River, Western Australia. This broke his own previous record of 1,874 push ups in an hour.
Here are some random push ups in an hour achievements I have discovered online. The numbers vary considerably, suggesting that various techniques have been used.
- Bijender Singh of India achieved 3,877 push ups in one hour (average of 64.6 per minute) on 20 Sept 1988.
- Ged Musto recorded 2,467 press ups in one hour in 1995.
- Canadian Doug Prud did 1781 pushups in one hour in 2005.
- Hooman Mosleh did 1020 pushups in an hour (and 2000 in 2 hrs) which he believes is the most in the US (see comment below)
Push-Ups in 24 Hours
Charles Servizio of the US achieved 46,001 push ups in 24 hours on 24/25 April 1993 at Hesperia. He actually stopped at 21 hrs and 21 minutes, resulting in an average of 36 push ups per minute. See video of his 24hr push up record.
- procedure for Push Up Testing, plus procedure for the maximum push up test
- more Fitness Testing Records and other Sporting Records
- Who is the World's Greatest Athlete?
- More Records? I scan the internet for the latest athlete results. If you know of something I have missed, it would be great to hear from you.