For some reason, for some people playing sport in the nude is considered a good idea. It appears that popular sports for getting your gear off is volleyball and tennis, traditionally popular sports played in nudist colonies.
Why these are popular with the nudest is hard to fathom - if I was to choose a sport to play naked, it would not involve lots of jumping up and down and running around. But I am not going to be joining in anyway.
Did you know that the athletes at the ancient Olympic Games competed with no clothes on? Also, no females were allowed to compete, or sit in the stands, and we know why.
Some Nude Sporting Events
- Nude Olympics - held at Maslin Beach in South Australia.
- Nude Beach Olympics — held at Baker Beach San Francisco.
- Princeton University Nude Olympics - From the late 1960s until 1999, students at Princeton University were involved in an unofficial school tradition called the Nude Olympics. At its peak, the event was held at midnight on the night of the first snowfall, with participants running around naked and participating in "Olympic" activities such as calisthenics, snowball throwing, pushups, jumping jacks and crew racing. Due to overzealous participants and increasing alcohol consumption during the event, it was banned by the University.
- Running of the Nudes - part of the Festival of San Fermín, an alternative event to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.
- Nude Rugby International matches - played in the cold south of New Zealand!