Top 10 List of Unusual Sports
Here is my top 10 List of unusually weird sports. You probably don't agree, but with over 100 unusual sports to choose from, no two people would ever pick the same top ten. See also the top 10 list of the most popular unusual sports on this site.
- World Gurning Contest - A competition where the ugliest face wins, which would be an easy competition for some, though it is not something that I would be proud of winning.
- Pooh Sticks - A not so sticky event invented by the book character Pooh Bear, which involves racing a stick thrown over a bridge.
- Nude Sports - Why not play sport in clothes? Taking off your clothes to play some sports is not recommended, and watching it being played by some people may not be a good idea either.
- Wife Carrying Festival - You can carry your own wife of someone else's though the obstacle course, and the prize is some beer of course.
- Paper-Scissors-Rock - A World Championships for this decider game! Who would have thought it would grow up like this.
- Running of the Nudes - The free alternative to the bull run, and much more interesting for the spectator but not as gory.
- Extreme Ironing - who said ironing was easy? These extreme sports people take it to the limit, taking their ironing board and iron to far out places and getting their photo taken.
- World Stinging Nettle Challenge - I can understand trying to eat as many eating hot dogs or donuts as you can, but why would anyone want to eat something with the word 'stinging' in it?
- Royal Shrovetide Football - Everyone in town comes out to play this game of football in the streets of Ashbourne in England, where scoring is a rarity.
- Beer Mile - This event involving running and drinking is probably not that unusual if you are a university student, though anyone can see that this must be one of the most extremely demanding unusual sport.
Do you have a suggestion? Another sport to add to the list? Then, contact me.