Go to any gym and you will see people performing exercises using a variety of techniques. There is a lot of conflicting advice around for weight training, and it is important to get the best advice for your safety and for maximizing your time in the gym.
Some of the modifications and variations in technique that you will come across are to train certain muscles or muscle groups differently, however, if you change a well tried and tested standard technique, you must be sure that the exercise is still safe and that it will have the desired effect. Here are some standard weight lifting exercises with the technique explained in simple terms and with any possible variations noted.
Articles on weight lifting techniques and other exercises
Here are a few articles on particular weight lifting techniques.
- Push Ups — a discussion about different push up techniques
- Lunges — a discussion about different lunge exercises
- Deadlifts — A Trick For Stiff-Legged Deadlifts.
- Squats — You Don't Know Squat! Discussion on the technique of doing the squat exercise.
- Dumbbell Curls — Get a Grip! Squeeze more results from every single rep of your dumbbell curls.
- Leg Curls — Get 10% Stronger in Leg Curls Instantly.
- Lat Pull-downs — One Simple Movement Can Double the Effectiveness of Pull-downs.