Aerobic Endurance and Fitness
What is Aerobic Endurance?
Sports Definition: cardiovascular endurance, aerobic fitness, or stamina, is the ability to exercise continuously for extended periods without tiring.
A person's aerobic fitness level is dependent upon the amount of oxygen which can be transported by the body to the working muscles via the lungs and blood system, and the efficiency of the muscles to use that oxygen.
Who Needs Endurance?
Aerobic Endurance is one of the main fitness components, important for success in many sports. Certain sports, such as distance running and triathlon, it is the most important physical attribute. In many other sports, including football codes, good endurance is also very important as part of the overall fitness profile. A vote of the top sports requiring endurance has the obvious ones of track and field distance runners, road cyclists and longer distance swimmers in the top three. See also another list ranking sports in which endurance is important.
Aerobic Endurance and Fitness Information
- Aerobic Fitness Training Programs - training guides to improve your endurance fitness.
- Interval Training — a discussion on the benefits of interval training programs.
- How To Start a Running Program — guide to starting an endurance running program.
- Start Running — equipment you need to start a running program for fitness.
- Heart Rate Zones — setting target training zone for endurance training.
- Aerobic Fitness Tests — a large range of fitness tests of endurance, as well as VO2max charts.
- Breathing during exercise
- Limitations to Exercise
- poll: What mode of exercise do you use for aerobic endurance training?
- what are the highest ranking endurance sports?