The Fittest 50 Women (Sports Illustrated, 2017)
Who is the fittest female athlete in sports? A panel of experts was recruited by the magazine Sports Illustrated to list who they consider the current fittest athletes in sports in 2017 - what they called the "Fittest 50".
Athletes were considered based on performances in the last 12 months, and factoring the demands and risks of their respective sports, training regimens, longevity and physical benchmarks, including: speed, strength, endurance, agility, flexibility and power.
In the female category, they have gymnast Simone Biles at the top, for the males, it was footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. Sports Illustrated have also created similar lists of the fittest females in 2014, 2016 and 2019. See more about rating the World's Fittest Athletes.
The Top 20 Fittest Women
Here are the top-20 of the SI Fittest 50 women.
|2||Allyson Felix||Track and Field|
|4||Maggie Steffens||Water Polo|
|7||Nafissatou Thiam||Track and Field|
|14||Julie Ertz||Football (Soccer)|
|17||Sandi Morris||Track and Field|
|18||Kerri Walsh Jennings||Beach Volleyball|
|20||Meghan Duggan||Ice Hockey|
- Sports Illustrated online: https://www.si.com/specials/fittest50-2017/men.html
- Simone Biles was also voted the fittest in 2019
- The sports illustrated fittest men for 2017
- Other lists of the fittest athletes in the world
- Testing to determine the world's fittest athlete
- Who really is the greatest athlete of all time?