VERT is a wearable miniature inertial measurement unit (IMU) for measuring vertical jump height, which is integrated with smart phone and tablet Apps. This is an example of new technology wearable fitness measurement devices. See about measuring vertical jump.
The VERT is worn near the waist of an athlete either by a clip or integrated within an article of clothing. VERT measures your jump details and transmits the data to a smart phone or tablet. You can see all jump measurements immediately on both the VERT device and in the App. Requires iOS devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, new iPad, New Touch, mini iPad). Android app and support at a later date.
Find it on the USA App Store: VERT - Mayfonk Athletic, LLC
- Small and discreet, can be worn for testing, training and during competition
- Measures every jump, with results shown in real time
- Athletes can challenge, compete, compare and share their performance
- Spectators can follow an athlete's performance as it happens on their smart device.
- Coaches can monitor their athlete's performance using the Coach app
- Includes a very high precision 3X gyroscope and high precision high rate 3X accelerometer.
- Calculates motion using a built-in ARM Cortex M3.
- Proprietary algorithm that has over 53 simultaneous calculations to measure vertical height.
- Built-in OLED display for instant display.
- Uses built-in Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with VERT app in iOS supported products.
- Measurements: length 1.96" x width 0.31" x height 0.86"
- See about measuring vertical jump, including wearable devices such as this.
- Procedure for measuring vertical jump height
- Other fitness testing phone apps
- Links to other fitness testing products