Fitness Meter iPhone App
The FitnessMeter is an advanced timing and measurement iphone/ipad app for fitness testing. It is a versatile and configurable tool for both coaches and individuals, that can be applied to more than 20 different tests.
The Fitness-Meter App allows precise, automatic measurement of fitness level and athletic performance in five categories: Flying Sprint, Sprint & Shuttle, Vertical Jump, Repetitions, and Beep Test.
The App is capable of providing results for more than 20 standard tests and exercises, using the device's camera and/or accelerometer. You select of one of the five categories pre-programed into the app, then simply align the device, which will then automatically signal the start of the test and save the results.
Find it on the USA App Store: FitnessMeter - Test & Measure - by Sten Kaiser
- Flying Sprint mode uses the camera to measure the time between two points, similar to two timing gates.
- Sprint and Shuttle functions like a starting gun plus a timing gate using the camera.
- Vertical Jump records a short video where you can easily measure the jumping height.
- Repetitions counts and times various activities like sit-ups, push-ups, step-ups, etc.
- Beep Test takes a picture at each turn, which makes it easy to keep track of the results.
- Also by the same developer is the Sprint Timer photo finish app.
- About measuring jump height using a video
- Other fitness testing phone apps
- Links to other fitness testing products